HI Just joined,wanted to say hi

Hi, have literally just started, done my first sentence, day 2, anyway…just feeling my way in.I think at some point I’m supposed to pay something? I’ve just logged in with my e-mail.
Any way…hello

5 Likes

Croeso @bear-goddard

Welcome to SSIW which is an amazing way to learn to speak Welsh.

The forum is a great place for help or advice or to see what is going on.

Rich :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard! Good luck with the course :slight_smile:

1 Like

Croeso! Enjoy every minute!

1 Like

Just joined the forum but just finished day 5 and have completely blown my mind how this works. I only moved to Wales just before lockdown so have not met anyone yet apart from a FB group so am really looking forward to being able to go in the local pub for the first time and try out what I’ve learned. I’m definitely going to carry on.

4 Likes

Croeso @heidi-booth

Welcome to the forum!

It’s a cool.method isn’t it - is your head hurting yet?

2 Likes

Yes, must admit, tried a couple of methods but didn’t feel anything staying in my head but, feel quite pleased with myself doing this. How are you doing?

3 Likes

I went through the course material a couple of years ago…and now listen to Radio Cymru every day. :blush:

I am living in Yorkshire at the moment so the opportunities to speak Welsh are a bit more limited :roll_eyes:

The SSIW course was …and is …,amazing.

3 Likes

Do you use the advanced course material, @rich?

Hi @lornarhodes,

…yes…in terms of timing, I went through The challenges just before the structured courses came out but finished level 3, roughly as the Advanced material came - which was good timing.

Initially, I found the early ones very hard but nuckled down…and learnt a lot from the exercise as a result…so I would definitely recommend the material - in continuing the journey to be a speaker.

I was doing the material as it came out, so took it as it came, as it were…now there are a couple of different mini- series within it - which gives options as to where to start eg conversations with learners, shorter recordings, people from south vs north etc.

1 Like

Thank you, @rich… I’ve found that a useful and encouraging “summary”, especially at this time when l’m trying to work out how to follow Lefel 3, but feel I have much catching up to do (Welsh cultural context-wise, and to get an even enough balance of capabilities/ experience/ variety of activities in my use of time available…)

1 Like