Hen Galan Events 2024

3 Likes

Your Caerleon Festival proudly presents a Celebration of the Welsh New Year Saturday 13th January
HEN GALAN at the HANBURY (quayside & inside) with traditional music & song from members of the Dai Bach Band, Côr y Dreigiau & Côr Afon Lwyd; and Caerleon’s own MARI LWYD

3 Likes

Saturday, 13 January

Twmpath Annwn: Hen Galan

Come and celebrate Hen Galan, the old Pembrokeshire New Year with Tân Annwn: Ceri Owen Jones, Elsa Davies, Peni Ediker and Stef Balesi + dance performance.

An evening of joyful social dancing, performance, light food & drinks. Put on your dancing shoes, bring your friends and familes.

7.30pm - Twmpath Annwn - £8/£6; families (2 adults, 2 children) £25. Children aged 5 and under free.

1 Like

1 Like

Dewch draw i dref Biwmaris nos Sadwrn y 13ed o Ionawr am hwyl a sbri yng nghwmni Mari Lwyd Môn Mari Môn. Mi fydd na Bwnco a canu, a direidi o amgylch tai tafarnnau y dref gan gychwyn yn y sgwar tu allan i’r Llys am 730yh. Dewch a’ch Calennig efo chi, dewch a llusern a glychau a rhywbeth i ddod a wen bach i’r hen Fari wrth i ni ffarwelio yr hen flwyddyn a chroesawy’r un newydd.

Come and join Mari Lwyd Môn Mari Môn and her friends in Beaumaris town centre on Saturday the 13th of January at 730pm. We will meet at the court square outside the old court house at 730pm and proceed to sing the Pwnco and do mischief around the taverns of the town. Bring your Calennig (you may need to google that 🙂 ), bring a lantern and some bells, anything to bring a smile to Mari’s dead face 🙂. Together we shall bid farewell to the old year and welcome the new at Hen Galan (old Welsh new year).

1 Like

1 Like

Plygain Singing in Llundain!!

14.01.2024. 4yp/4pm

Y Plygain - traditional carol singing:

Capel Y Boro
Southwark Bridge Road
London
SE1 0EX

Bydd lluniaeth wedyn / Followed by refreshments