Helpu Level 1 Challenge 15 confusion

Hi, at the end of Challenge 15, Aran says to have a go with the last two sessions a few times. I’m confused as to whether this is Challenges 13 and 14, or 14 and 15 or does he mean going over the last parts of Challenge 15? Diolch

1 Like

Can’t actually remember what I said there, but the best thing would be to do 13, 14 and 15 - or, alternatively, just press on - those ones are a bit brutal, and it turns out that the spaced repetition does a good job of getting some of the longer, trickier structures up and running for you as you work on towards the end of Level 1… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch @aran

Yes, the longer sentences with more complicated words are a bit ‘brutal’. My problem is remembering all that has been said in English. Pausing is no good because I still can’t remember what has been said. The only alternative is to write it down and that would defeat the object, so I’m ploughing on missing a few words here and there. I seem to be getting understood in my village though :slight_smile: Diolch for the clarification.

3 Likes

That is ABSOLUTELY the right approach, well done! :star: :star2:

And great to hear you’re already using your Welsh - that’s a hugely important step! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn @Aran for the information and encouragement. Dw’in joio dysgu siarad Cymraeg gyda SSiW! It’s saved my sanity having lost my partner at the end of January to a sudden massive heart attack, then lockdown and having to shield!

6 Likes

I have the same challenge… trying to remember all of the English in the longer sentences… but am doing the same as you., and getting what I CAN remember. Only up to challenge 13 so far… yes 12 and 14 are BRUTAL! I was surprised at what Aran said at the beginninggof challenge 12, that it’s normal to feel frustrated at going too slowly at this stage!!! if only.

1 Like

Hi @chrys, ‘only up to challenge 13’! You should be congratulating yourself you’ve got this far, da iawn, ti. I know it sounds a bit trite to say but it does start sinking in and even fitting together a bit. Though, I’m still finding it hard to remember everything still. We are so new to this at the moment. This might sound a bit mad but do you find words just popping into your head and you might even be translating English to Welsh off the TV? I even found a very small conversation in Welsh creeping into a dream a while ago :laughing:

3 Likes

welsh has been creeping into my dreams for several weeks now. i have been going for walks with a drear friend ( before this lockdown) who is also a welsh teacher so it has been really helpful. Ifind myself thinking in both languages form time to time… even just with the few things I know. i am re doing challenges, 12. 13 and 14 at the moment. i did challenge 14 today amd it was just the hardest for ages… so i thought I would re run 12, and 13 and they try 14 again. 12 is going quite well. Iam doing it whilst i am cooking. Your name sounds familar Sandy. Do I know you from somewhere? I am glad that Wels learnign is helping you to get through at the moment. What a terrible shock you have had and such a loss. well done for taking on something challenging to see you through this difficult time.

Hi @chrys thanks so much for your very kind words. I’m so glad you’re getting out for walks with your friend and what a result, having a Welsh teacher as you’re friend. I had to laugh when you said you were also dreaming in Welsh at times. I’m also starting to translate bits and pieces from the television or read online into Welsh as well. It’s definitely seeping into my brain in dribs and drabs. Interesting that my name is familiar, I live near Carmarthen, I’m former NHS and up until December 2019, I was a Rotarian. I’ve been in Wales for 46 years and have also lived in Neath and Pembrey and at one time I was connected to the Scarlets RFC when they were at Stradey Park. Sandy is short for Sandra. I’m mega impressed you can do the Challenges whilst you are cooking, I think I would end up burning the food or myself or horrors, the house down :roll_eyes::laughing:

1 Like

Hi Sandy thanks for your lovely message. I have been struggling to keep up the last few weeks, but put in a bit of extra time ar y penwythnos, and hope it,s enough to keep my head above water. I will try and do something live this week at one of the session… about time I tried. Do keep in touch, hope all is going well for you

1 Like

Hi @chrys, I can empathise, the last few Challenges of Level 1 are certainly keeping me on my toes. I can’t always remember everything but I am consoling myself with the fact that with every lesson, I’m learning more words. With the extra words, I can form some sentences on my own … hopefully :slight_smile: Take care and stay safe! Nadolig Llawen!

1 Like