Helpful videos from Aran?

Bore da! I’ve not yet introduced. I’m Tim and I live in Felindre Farchog, Sir Benfro. I moved here last August and, as an amateur composer I am finding Wales very inspiring, particularly around the coastal area I live in.

I have a question; before I subscribed I was getting a very helpful weekly video from Aran but these seem to have stopped. The last video was number 9 and at the end the topic of the next video was mentioned so I know there are more.

Is there a way of accessing these videos please?

Diolch yn fawr iawn.
Tim

2 Likes

Bore da Tim and croeso to SSiW! We would love you to share your talent with us at some point! Do you share your music online at all?

I personally can’t answer your question about @aran’s videos, but I’ll poke around and see if we can get you an answer very soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was quick; thank you for the reply.

Yes, I share on soundcloud at https://soundcloud.com/user-130724726-780509948

One of the first pieces I composed here was ‘Ceibwr’; it is a representation in music of the first time I did the short walk from Ceibwr to Pwll Y Wrach (a coastal path with spectacular high cliffs & not recommended for those with vertigo.) It is my favourite place in all the world and I walk there at least twice a week.

Tim Collett · Ceibwr
1 Like

That’s wonderful, thank you so much for sharing! :slight_smile: Wow you are very talented!

I’d love to share your work with our wider community if you would be happy for me to do so? If you could PM me a little about your Welsh learning story and how it inspires your music that would be absolutely wonderful! :blush: Diolch!

1 Like

Mmmm… I’ve got a feeling that I might not have got around to filming the 10th! :flushed: And we certainly haven’t been very thoughtful about putting them somewhere easy to access if people want to come back to them - we’ve got a website redesign we’re hoping to go live with in August - @CatrinLliarJones, maybe you could flag up to Nick that it would be good to have the videos available in some way? Ifan would be able to dig them out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope you can sort that out because the videos I’ve seen have been great. I’d already be a fluent Welsh speaker if only my Welsh teachers had shared that learning philosophy!

1 Like

The website launch keeps on slipping, but we’re hoping to be live in another couple of weeks now… and we’ll definitely get a page for the videos in there at some point… :slight_smile: