Help! Your feedback and thoughts about SSi

It occurs to me that this is particularly true of Cymraeg, since, as far as we know, it was never written until after an alphabet was brought by the Romans!!! :sunny:

2 Likes

I have to say that there is nothing new and original about SSIW and that Aran’s timetables for progress are rather unambitious. A week is all you need with expanded vocabulary such as: -

“Mae’r cerbyd hwn yn ysgwyd llawer iawn” - This carriage shakes a great deal,

“Mae fy magiau yn yr orsaf; anfonwch amdanynt, os gwelch yn dda” - My luggage is at the station; please send for it.,

“Pa adeiladau cyhoeddus sydd i’w gweld yn y gymdogaeth yma” - What public buildings are to be seen in this neighbourhood?

and critically

“A gaf fi dorri rhosyn?” - May I pluck a rose?

Well that’s Nos Galan at the Fic sorted then.

9 Likes

Were you also too polite to suggest that a good deal for a comprehensive Welsh course leading to guaranteed fluency would be four pence a month - and should last two months at most?

Justin

2 Likes

I haven’t read all the comendations on here, but I think it likely that I will echo what has been written - that is, I am finding SSiW a tremendously effective way of learning Cymraeg. Thoroughly enjoying the course.

I would like to make mention aswell of the spirit of the lessons, and the encouragement they give me to perservere. I feel it has instilled in me more of an ethos of ‘getting on with it’ (no mean feat for someone as lazy as meyself), which helps me outside of learning Cymraeg as well. :smiley:

4 Likes

Got to be worth nine pence of anybody’s money! Da iawn!

2 Likes

33 posts were split to a new topic: Wide-ranging discussion following on from point about GCSEs (from the feedback thread)