Gwnewch y pethau bychain, Do the little things

Gwneuwch y pethau bychain, do the little things, apparently the last words of Dewi Sant, St David. I’m in St David’s (Anglican) diocese and the phrase is sometimes longer, that is

Be joyful, keep the faith, do the little things.

Is there a commonly used Welsh version of the longer phrase? Or is it just as above?

The full phrase is
“Byddwch lawen, cadwch y ffydd a gwnewch y pethau bychain a welsoch ac a glywsoch gennyf i”

As far as I know, “Gwnewch y pethau bychain” and “Gwnewch y pethau bychain mewn bywyd” are shorter, commonly used versions.

4 Likes

I just think Siaron actually knows the answer to everything now. We don’t really need Google any more.

:star_struck: :partying_face:

1 Like

:rofl:

2 Likes

@aran, you’re right there. Diolch yn fawr @siaronjames. It’s for a craft project.

2 Likes

Here’s something for you to listen to whilst you’re craffting…

And yes, that’s really Siaron by the mike with the leather trousers. Not only is she knowledgeable, but she’s also musical, and also artistic. An all round multi talented being. :blush:

3 Likes

:blush:
I should point out though, that it’s not me singing on the track. The track is from the album ‘Dore’, and I never actually recorded on any of the Bob Delyn albums - I only sang backing vocals (and provided extra percussion) at live gigs when Einir, the proper singer couldn’t be there! The photo is from one of the gigs at Capel Celyn during the Bala Eisteddfod in 2009.

(and no, I can no longer get into those trousers! :shushing_face: )

3 Likes

Oh, don’t talk about getting into bloody trousers, I’ve got until Sunday to lose a stone and a half :wink::rofl:

1 Like

Thanks @CatrinLliarJones and @siaronjames for pointing this my way. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like