Georgia Ruth

Anyone going to the Sheffield gig on 23/04?

My guess is that a posting stays at the top of the list on the forum unless and until it receives a reply. Is this intentional?

That’s right Hywel. If a conversation develops from a post,then it will keep bobbling to the top, but if someone asks about people interested in osomething, or attending something, as has happened here, then it may be a while before people respond. it seems a pity for the messsage to disappear before people who would have been interested in it have seen it.

Now that you (and I of course) have answered, it will gradually sink down, although hopefully, there will still be people interested in the gig who will answer soon.

Sorry for the ignorance but what gig is this? Probably can’t make it tomorrow but given that I live in Sheffield I’m interested to know what is happening.

In The Greystones, apparently:

http://www.leeds-gigs.co.uk/w_event_17535.html

:slight_smile:

Thanks Aran. Not an area of the city I know particularly well. Just listened to Codi Angor - great Celtic sound!

She’s new to me - Catrin probably knows more about her stuff. Good to see Welsh artists playing outside Wales, though - I hope she has some Cymraeg stuff on her set list…:slight_smile:

Great face paint on the kids there! Are you back from SA permanently, or just for a while?

Back from SA permanently but not sure what is happening next. The intention is to move to Czech Republic but this is something of a challenge from a financial perspective at the moment. Whatever the outcome though, we will be in Britain much more often and thus much more engaged. May therefore have to go through the process of learning Czech but not going to do it at the expense of Welsh again. The podcasts etc mean that I can keep learning Welsh in travelling time etc when I am doing nothing else. Lesson 20 of Course 1 again tomorrow and catching up rapidly - indeed I am far more accurate now in the lessons than I was previously. Hope to get Kaitlyn restarted too - she’s done the first 6 minutes of Lesson 1 again - easily.

Sorry for hijacking the thread Stuart!

Wow - what’s the connection with the Czech Republic? I really love Prague, but haven’t had the chance to go there for years now - hope to get back there at some point. Give us a while, and we’ll try and have a Czech course ready for you…:wink:

Great to hear that you’re doing so well again, and good luck to Kaitlyn!

Aran wrote: She’s new to me - Catrin probably knows more about her stuff. Good to see Welsh artists playing outside Wales, though - I hope she has some Cymraeg stuff on her set list…:slight_smile:

Georgia Ruth Williams is a bilingual singer, songwriter and harpist from Aberystwyth. Her debut album, “Week of Pines” was the winner of The 2013 Welsh Music Prize, and she was recently a nominee in the 2014 BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards for ‘Best Traditional Track’ and the ‘Horizons Award’. She also hosts her own weekly radio show on Radio Cymru’s C2 on Thursday nights (7-10pm) where she plays some of the more mellow music from Wales and around the world.
Having heard her album and being a regular listener of her show (usually on iPlayer) I would say I’m a fan! I’m just a little disappointed that I can’t make her London gig on the 29th this month.
If anyone would like to hear her album, it is available on Spotify.