First time Eisteddfod

Hi all,

Going to attend Eisteddfod for the first time. My self, my wife and our two daughters (3 and 5) will take a day trip from Abertawe. Any suggestions to where/what we should see.

Diolch

Tom

Hi Tom.

Are you going to the Urdd Eisteddfod near Builth Wells, or the National Eisteddfod in Cardiff?

Either way, there’s plenty to see at both - give yourself a few hours to have a proper lap around the place (or two or three).

If you’re going to the Urdd, my wife will be working on the Siop y Pethe stand all week - so go over and have a chat, she’s also from Swansea!

With children that age, I’d also recommend giving the S4C tent/building (it often changes) a look, as at different points in the day characters from some of the more popular shows tend to come out for a walk about.

Personally myself, I’m a big fan of the following that always end up in most of these events:

Cowbois - A mostly Welsh language merchandise stall.
Indian Food Van - I can’t remember their name, but anyone who has eaten from there will remember them. Their curry is phenomenal.
Cymdeithas - This was how I met Nia who helps run some of the 6MWS sessions and another guy Jamie who has become a great friend. I had a 100% success rate of turning random people into really good friends!

1 Like

Thanks Nicky for quick reply,

The national eisteddfod. Would like to go to the urdd as from Rhayader originally but on holiday in half term so will be waiting til the summer

Check out Maes B - some really talented Welsh bands.

2 Likes

I’m going, is anyone else?

I don’t know what day yet but I will definitely be down there for 2 days of that week!