Finished Level 1 Southern (New)

Finally, 19 months to complete Challenge 25 Level 1. Now having a bit of consolidation period as well as trying to get through the old southern course 1. I am very confident that the old course will compliment the new and v.v. so am anticipating getting through rather quickly. Started an hour ago and already through the first challenge with near perfection but one question I am stumbled on.
In the new course I might say something like; dwi ddim yn moyn dweud unrhyw beth for I don’t want to do anything but in the old course it appears as dwi ddim yn moyn dweud dim byd. What’s the difference anybody?
ALSO - I am getting ads when I type now for – Personalize Grammarly (it’s free) – It seems to want me to sign up to correct my grammar. Is SSiW promoting this company when we respond or create topics? It’s very annoying as it assumes every Welsh word I type is an English error and I can’t click anywhere without this ad popping up!

2 Likes

No ads here. i’d check for malware if i were you.

2 Likes

No ads here either.

1 Like

Try your SSiW course from a different computer. If that is OK you may have a spelling and grammar check running on your usual machine.

1 Like

You’ve got malware - you need to get someone to have a look at that for you. With luck, it’ll be as simple as uninstalling a spelling/grammar check that had assumed permission to give you ads as well. We have no ads on SSi at all.

Well done on finishing Level 1! Have you seen the messages in the other thread, where someone has very kindly offered to pay for you to access Level 2? Or my recent private message to you? :slight_smile:

Unrhyw beth vs dim byd - effectively just a variation - not to worry about it, say it whichever way comes to mind first… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got rid of whatever Personalize Grammarly was - thanks

2 Likes

Hi Aran, That’s all it was - a spelling/grammar check that has assumed permission. It’s gone now. Cheers

1 Like

Hi Aran, I have just seen that I have Level 2 access to SSiW. Whoever kindly offered to pay for this I thank you very much indeed. Aran, I would really like to pay for the access which has been provided for me. Is there any way I could repay the donor with a cheque/make a donation to SSiW?
What a wonderful community SSiW has.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t know how to send personal messages.

1 Like

At the top right of your screen you should see a circle with your image in it. Aran’s is a picture of him and Catrin, mine is an M and I expect, because we don’t see a picture of you, or your dog, or whatever, yours is probably a Y. If you click on it, three icons will appear beneath it, the middle one is an envelope. If you click on that, you are at the start of doing private messages, PMs.

1 Like

Is this a private message. If so, then I can do it!!!
Thanks in advance Margaret

@YDraigGoch here is 1001 way how to send a PM.

Hwyl! :slight_smile:
Tatjana

1 Like

Your message to Margaret appeared in this thread so was nor personal, I will send you a PM so you get to look in the rightl place and can try again!

1 Like

I’ll put you in touch with them… :slight_smile:

Yes, if you watch the Grammarly Web site there are five trackers running on it. Best avoided!

Raymond

1 Like