Feeling Happy

The last six months have been tough for us as a family on many fronts. We have been challenged on so many levels and, sadly, one of the things that I had to give up on was my Welsh learning. I began to wonder if I would ever get back into it and was fearful about how much I had forgotten.

Today has been really lovely, we are on holiday in Aberdaron; and I have just been able to spend half an hour talking to a Pen Llyn farmer (who did not learn English until he was in his teens) quite successfully. I had forgotten little, and was also surprised at how much new stuff I was able to use in spite of not doing any lessons.

What an amazing way to learn a language, I feel like I have never been away! :slight_smile:

Diolch o galon SSIW

21 Likes

Croeso nôl, Andy and llongyfarchiadau for taking the chance and jumping into a conversation.
I hope, that the hard times for you and your family are over.

3 Likes

I know we’re not within easy striking distance any more, but if you go further afield, or on your way back, it would be lovely to see you all… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch @brigitte, I think all things are on the mend now! Really enjoying getting back into the Welsh too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch @aran, would be great to see you as well, especially now we know we are going to get down here this year. I will let you know if we are in the area next time we are down. Not sure we will be venturing too far this week, but that will leave you to you renovations without being disturbed! Know how you love DIY!!! :smile:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that you’ve been going through a rough time. I hope things will be be better soon. Thanks for sharing your story about your chat with the farmer - that’s fantastic! Enjoy your holiday! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

What day are you going back? Will you be going past Caernarfon? :slight_smile:

We have not made any definite plans as yet @aran, we are going home Saturday morning. If we do venture your way it will be Thursday. Will let you know how things go. :slight_smile: We will be back at half term as well so Caernarfon definitely on the cards then!

1 Like

Welcome back @a_jay. I’m sorry to hear you’ve got a challenging times and happy that things are (hopefully) getting better. Happy about your great experience chatting Welsh too.

1 Like

Sorry to be late to say, Da iawn ti!! You are an inspiration to us all! .

1 Like

Diolch @henddraig and @tatjana, it is nice to be learning again :slight_smile:

2 Likes