Feedback for 6 month SSIW course

I have just finished the 6 month Welsh speaker course and must say that I have found it brilliant. I am originally from Tenby and currently living in Manchester. I had only very limited Welsh indeed before starting the course, but wanted to be able to have conversations in Welsh. I didn’t want to get tied down with grammar etc, so thought that this course seemed ideal for me.
I enjoyed the challenges and realised quickly how important it is not to worry when there are new bits in a challenge that you don’t get the hang of. The work is being done in the background and it never ceases to amaze me how in a few weeks, something that seemed impossible to wrap your head around comes (almost) naturally rolling off the tongue.

I joined the course in order to feel confident enough to speak in Welsh, and I now speak Welsh fairly regularly online, with a couple of old friends, as well as some group chats in slack. The outcomes of the course have truly been better than I could have hoped for. I am now looking forward to continuing to speak Welsh as often as I can, building on the excellent foundation that the course has provided. Thank you, diolch yn fawr iawn.

16 Likes

Thank you so much @andrew-birch for this wonderful feedback - it’s so encouraging and heartwarming to hear stories such as yours.

You seem to have done fantastically well with your learning journey - llongyfarchiadau mawr iawn i ti!

May your positive experiences with the language continue to grow beyond your wildest dreams!

Diolch eto,
Catrin. :slight_smile: