Excursion to Skomer Island

A couple of us (Gretta who is doing the 6 MWS course and me) are planning to go across to Skomer Island for a day trip - hopefully on Sunday 20th May, but with Tuesday 22nd and Thursday 24th as backup possibilities if the boat isn’t running on the Sunday.

Is anyone interested in joining us? Send me a PM if you are. We’d be aiming to catch the 10am boat, and Gretta is going to get there early to buy the tickets.

3 Likes

It’s on my list of things to do in 2018 so I’d love to, but also on the list is visit friends and relations in Scotland, which is where I’ve been for a week and where I’ll be for another week. So “no can do”, but would love to.

I’d love to join you but 2.5 hours makes it just out of range for a 10 am (or 11 am) start, unfortunately.

Looking forward to my first landing on Skomer and learning the welsh names of birds. The weather is looking promising too. :grin:

1 Like

Let us know how it’s going :slight_smile:

It was fantastic! It totally met my expectations - heaps of puffins happy to let you walk along the pathway through their burrows, not afraid at all. Photos will follow when I get them off my phone.

1 Like

I could have sat there and watched them all day!

5 Likes

3 Likes

Just worked out how to upload pics @Deborah-SSi.
What a fabulous day we chose for our first trip to Skomer.
Well done us. :grin:

1 Like