Er cof: Dr Carl Clowes

Dwi ddim fel arfer yn postio’n ddwyieithog yn y fforwm, ond dwi’n gwybod byddai’n well gan Carl.

Hynod drist clywed am farwolaeth Dr Carl Clowes, meddyg teulu Catrin yn y 70au a sylfaenydd Nant Gwrtheyrn.

Roedd Carl yn ddyn caredig iawn gyda gweledigaeth angerddol dros wella bywydau pobl mewn cymunedau Cymraeg. Roedd cael trafod dyfodol SSiW a dyfodol y Nant efo fo yn fraint arbennig, a dwi dal yn ddiolchgar iawn iddo fo am siarad yn ein parti penblwydd yn ddeg oed. Dwi’n cofio fo’n dweud bod angerdd cymuned SSiW yn galonogol iawn iddo fo.

Cydymdeimladau dwysaf i Dorothy a gweddill y teulu.

I don’t usually post bilingual in the forum, but I know Carl would strongly have preferred it in this case.

Very sad indeed to hear of the loss of Dr Carl Clowes, Catrin’s family doctor in the 70s and the founder of Nant Gwrtheyrn.

Carl was a hugely kind man with a passionate vision for improving the lives of people in Welsh-speaking communities. It was a huge privilege having the opportunity to discuss the future of SSiW and the future of the Nant with him, and I’m still extremely grateful to him for speaking in our tenth birthday party. I remember him saying that the passion in the SSiW community was extremely heartening for him.

Deepest sympathies to Dorothy and the rest of the family.

17 Likes

Very sad to hear the news of the death of Dr Clowes. My father, Idwal Symonds, woud have had dealings with him, together with John Elfed Jones, in the early days of Nant Gwrtheyrn, and later in his role of Chairman of HTV Cymru. My father died this summer at the age of 97. He was always one for filing things and never throwing anything away. In sorting out his stuff I have come across boxes marked Nant Gwrtheyrn which I haven’t had a chance to look at yet but I’m sure that there will be material of interest about those early days.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m sorry for your loss, Ian.

I’m sure the Nant would be very interested in anything you find in those boxes :slightly_smiling_face::heart:

Diolch Aran, I’ll contact Nant Gwytheyrn if I find anything that I think may be of interest to them. Ian

1 Like