Enjoying level 3

Really enjoying the new level 3 . After getting through the first 3 challenges relatively unscathed , I have just finished challenge 4 with my head spinning a bit. I think I will definitely need to go over challenge 4 again . There is a lot of very useful stuff in the new challenges which I can see myself using once it all settles in to my brain.
How are other people finding level 3 ?

4 Likes

I really enjoyed the structures too! Looking forward to the new lessons.

I was wondering, @aran, with o’n i’n medru (I could), does the same pattern work with gallu?

2 Likes

Yup…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Level 3 is a step forward for me. The new expressions I am learning will be a great help in everyday conversation. I get to speak Welsh once a month and its annoying to get through half a sentence ( translating from in English to Welsh in my mind ) and then cannot finish what I want to say in Welsh for instance "that’s what I thought yesterday/ should have done etc.
The southern course suits me better having lived in Cei Newydd but I enjoy the northern version as well.

2 Likes

I really enjoy level 3 I find it challenging and fun it’s defo more simple in the way it’s done than the older courses but the sentences are quite a mouthful I have managed to get through all 6 lessons just awaiting for more now

2 Likes

We’re hoping to have a workspace that isn’t hidden under plumbers and electricians, and a functional course creation tool, next week - fingers crossed! - in which case new L3 northern will follow very quickly… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s great thank you

2 Likes

On L3/8 now wow some tongue twisters here

2 Likes

Just done level 3/8 myself and thoroughly enjoyed it. Feels like my brain has been through a real work out ! This head spinning feeling that at one time I associated with the lesson not having gone in properly and needing to do it again I now recognise as that sweet feeling of progress . There’s nothing like that feeling that your brain has been mangled and stretched a bit after doing a new SSIW lesson . Looking forward to lesson 9 tomorrow

4 Likes

That’s a hugely valuable psychological shift… :star: :star2:

1 Like

Well, I’ve just moved on to Level 3, which I am enjoying very much apart from the silly sentences like I want to buy a wall and throw it over the hotel. The occasional sentence doesn’t follow standard English sequence of tenses. I just find it mildly irritating but then, I am an ex language teacher.

1 Like

Ha ha don’t remember that. At least you’ll be equipped to to say anything now :D. Someone did ask why we had to learn how to say I can only buy half a wall. But to be fair, that was before the lockdown. anything goes now though :smiley:

Seriously, though. It’s great that you are on the home straight. Level 3 is great for filling out what you have already learnt, to be able to be have real-life conversations. People are going to be so surprised that you can converse as well as knowing the patterns.

2 Likes