Eisteddfod Meet-Up Discussion and POLL

Are you going to the Eisteddfod? Would you like to meet-up with other members of the SSi Community? If you’d like to have the opportunity to meet others but don’t know where or how to start organising, then this thread may help.

I’ve included a poll so that it’s easier for us to see which days and times others are more likely to be available to meet. So please use the poll and use this thread for discussion and to make further plans with each other.

@aran , myself and the kids are going to be there during the week, though not for all of it, and would enjoy meeting up with some of you if we can make it happen. So lets get this thread going and see what we can arrange.

We recommend either Maes D or the food areas as ideal places for a meet-up.

• Penwythnos Cyntaf
  • Bore Llun
  • Prynhawn Llun
  • Bore Mawrth
  • Prynhawn Mawrth
  • Bore Mercher
  • Prynhawn Mercher
  • Bore Iau
  • Prynhawn Iau
  • Bore Gwener
  • Prynhawn Gwener
  • Dydd Sadwrn

0 voters

1 Like

I won’t be at the Eisteddfod, but if anyone staying in Caernarfon gets here early and wants to meet up for a chat, I can be around for that.

3 Likes

Diolch everyone for voting! Keep them coming!

Monday afternoon seems like the most popular option at the moment - which would definitely word for us as a family! :slight_smile:

Helo!
I would love to meet, but at the moment I’ve no idea when we will be there. We are driving up (at 4am tomorrow) from the Basque Country via Dover, and have nothing booked at all on Llyn! So we’ll camp (campervan) as near as we can, and taxi/bus/hitchhike in :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
My family is willing to do a couple of days at y Steddfod but much more would be pushing it!
Hopefully it all pans out. Gobeithio wele chi yno!

2 Likes

Looking forward to meeting old friends and new!

If people are split between days, maybe we can meet up later as well as earlier in the week?

Personally, I’d prefer the food area (or a bit of Maes D with lots of fresh air, if Maes D works that way) as my health isn’t fabulous lately and I’m aiming to reduce my chances of picking up respiratory infections as best I can. I’ll have a mask with me, but if I need to wear it it makes it a bit harder for others with any hearing loss to pick up what I’m on about (a blessing, perhaps? :slightly_smiling_face:)

Wela’i chi yn fuan!

2 Likes

My hearing loss has certainly made your conversation seem calmer and more distant recently :wink::rofl::heart:

2 Likes

I’m new here, I’ll be at the Eisteddfod Wednesday and Thursday, it would be great to meet up with people to avoid me wandering around awkwardly not talking to anyone (which is what happened when I went last year). If the main meetup happens at a time I’m not there, maybe anyone who is around on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday and is interested to meet could say so here, and we could arrange that independently of a whole group meet? Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So going by the poll, @aran, the kids and I have decided to make Monday afternoon a meet-up opportunity on the Maes!

We will be at the food place at 1 pm, and the weather forecast is promising a fine day!!

If you look at the detail of the Maes map below, we will be waiting where the gold star is. So just in front of the bar! If you see us, then please come up and say helo! If we’ve never met before and you’re not sure what we look like, then I’ve posted a recent photo below. Looking forward to seeing you!

Here we are!

And it’s promising good weather, though it May well be still muddy…

1 Like

Do any of the people who voted yes to the second-favourite Thursday morning option want to also meet then? Could go for the same spot, for simplicity’s sake - at 10am?

3 Likes

That’s a great idea Kit!

We won’t be able to make it because of other work commitments unfortunately, but I hope that many will!

Pob lwc! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bring your wellies! We might need a tractor to get our car off the parking field too :wink:

We’re here today and either tomorrow or Monday, having problems finding camping nearby (currently in Nefyn but they only had one night available)

Btw, I thought the Clwb Cerdyn Post had a stand here but it’s not on the map. Anyone know if they’re here?

And also, while I’m actually connected to the patchy wifi, I’d like to say DIOLCH O GALON to SSIW - I was feeling pretty rubbish about my Welsh before coming here but I haven’t had to use English at all in the shops etc. Sometimes they hear my horrible pronunciation and switch to English but I persist and parhau! I even had one lady apologise in a cafe for speaking “Cofi” and not my “proper” Cymraeg :joy::joy::joy:

It’s been absolutely amazing to just hear the language in the street. Hopefully bump into some of you here

4 Likes

Good idea - I’ll certainly try to be there. Anyone else like to join us?

Me too - I’m there Thursday, so I’m good to meet up at 10. I’ll be wearing my SSIW badge :grinning:

1 Like

Great! Hmm, what identifying thing can I wear… can’t think… I’ll try to post a picture of myself like Catrin did and hope we recognise one another

1 Like

Dw i’n ar y Maes a dw i newydd cysyllte gyda’r wifi; wela’i chi ar un o’r gloch!

I’m on the Maes and have just logged on to the wifi; hope to see you at 1 o’clock!

1 Like

Haia! Dan ni wedi dod yn cerdded o Nefyn :joy: ac wedi cyrraed yn hwyr! Os mae unrhwyun yn gweld ni, dewch a ddweud hi! Dw i’n gwisgo yn cris t melyn Niwclear Dim Diolch ac fy mab yn crys t pêl droed Real Sociedad :see_no_evil: Streipen las a wyn

We just got here late after walking in from Nefyn! If anyone sees us I’d love to say hi. I’m wearing a yellow Niwclear Dim Diolch t shirt and my son is wearing a Real Sociedad shirt blue and white stripes

1 Like

Here’s a picture sent to me by Nia - Aran and Catrin on the Maes with Stan and Therese

3 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Lovely to see familiar faces from afar :slight_smile:

2 Likes