Eisteddfod Genedlaethol 2023 - Llŷn ac Eifionydd

I have stayed there and can recommend. I am back there again 8-11 February for a couple of days of cycling. It is an amazing place. I love it! Da iawn!

Diolch, Hendrik. Dw i wedi archebu ystafell yn Y Lletty Arall hefyd. Wela i di yno!

1 Like

I hope this link works, but here’s the location of this year’s Eisteddfod:

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Q6kQZ76jyuJzgJxg7

1 Like

2 Likes

So based on this latest detailed news regarding the location, here are some additional accommodation suggestions:

Bus Travel in Gwynedd - Bus timetables

Here are specific links to individual service bus timetables, which may be relevant if you are staying in the area:

Map-of-the-Gwynedd-bus-network.pdf (423.8 KB)

Here’s the place to go to travel your journey: Traveline Cymru

Traveling further by bus/coach: National Express

2 Likes

Sherpa’r Wyddfa - a network of connecting bus services to get you around Eryri

1 Like

Discovered last year my back won’t take a FULL week camping any,ore so have splurged on Llety Arall. The only rooms left were three bed though so if any SSIW ladies want to share for all or part of the week let me know :slight_smile: I may snore though be warned!

1 Like

Hi! I’m thinking of going and would be game to share. The complicating bit is that I’m coming from the States and need to figure out plane tickets etc, so there are a few moving parts before I could say for sure that I’ll be there. When would you need to know by?

Ive been told that this house in Pwllheli is available for the Eisteddfod week!

@leiafee It’s looking like I will be there! Are you still looking for roommates?

Yes indeed!

Hello,

I’ve never been to an Eisteddfod before and wondered how one buys tickets - the links on the website eisteddfod.wales don’t seem to work despite the website saying you can buy tickets online. Anyone know if they’ve gone on sale and sold out already or whether they’re yet to go on sale?

@sara-28 You can rest assured that you are not too late … the tickets will be sold quite some time in advance, but not that far in advance. I don’t remember exactly, but I think they start going up on the site around May/June-ish.

You can buy on entry on the day. You probably can’t buy them on line yet. Keep on looking on the forum and you’ll probably come across meet ups at times and places on the site for SSIWers, but much nearer the time. There are likely to be buses from across Wales so you might be able to join a group going there. If you’ve not been before I’d suggest getting hold of a timetable of events and deciding what you’d like to see before you get there. I’d also go with someone for the first visit. Thus says the voice of experience. I’ve volunteered (perfect Welsh NOT expected) and you get free entry and something to do. Sometimes boring, usually not.

1 Like

Thanks Margaret! Good to know we haven’t missed the tickets yet and for your suggestions about meeting up with SSIWers - that sounds fun!
I was looking to book my accommodation as early as possible as I know things get booked up. I was planning on coming for most of the week and combining the trip with a few other things. How does the timetable usually work? Are the main events on that first weekend? Would I be missing much if I wasn’t able to stay for the last Saturday?

Phew - thanks Hendrik!

I suppose it depends what you mean by the main events? Not everyone can get into the pavilion when the main prizes are given and the ceremonial takes place, but these events are spread out through the week. They are also put on big screens about the place, although not as many in 2022 as pre covid. You won’t be able to see everything! I’d also be looking at accommodation now (it’s not too early) if you’re hoping to stay nearby, unless you’re thinking of camping, caravanning. The Eisteddfod has a camp/caravan site, with the caravan site selling out quite quickly.

NEWSFLASH!

Lovely accommodation available in Pwllheli for the Eisteddfod week!

• Pet friendly
  • Hot tub
  • Sleeps 8 adults + 4 children
  • enclosed patio
  • 5 beds
  • 3 baths
  • Dogs welcome (for additional £30 charge per dog)

Here are more houses still available for the Eisteddfod week!