Eisteddfod bargain tickets on sale this week

The Eisteddfod is running an early-bird promotion that sounds like a great deal. They’re selling a ‘limited’ number of tickets starting this Wednesday, April 23rd, at prices as low as 10 pounds for an individual, 20 pounds for a family.

Full info is [here.] (http://www.eisteddfod.org.uk/english/2014/News-2014/?request=17428)

(By the way, are people calling this Eisteddfod Sir Gâr (official name) or Eisteddfod Llanelli?)

Diolch am y wybodaeth! I will be calling it the former :slight_smile:

Not having a go in the slightest Simon but I was kind of hoping no-one replied to this to keep it at the top of the page. Will there be stickies making an appearance at somepoint?

No! Sheesh, people have been moaning enough about the blueys, which can be ‘unpinned’ by anyone at any time…:wink:

Stuff like this is an interesting case for the huge range of new stuff we’ve got to do, including a much better way to deal with events/dates/etc. This is probably a particularly good fit for the email, which we’ll be working on flagging up for Dee in better ways…:slight_smile:

Not having a go in the slightest Simon but I was kind of hoping no-one replied to this to keep it at the top of the page. Will there be stickies making an appearance at somepoint?

Totally understand… I didn’t think of that!

Stuff like this is an interesting case for the huge range of new stuff we’ve got to do, including a much better way to deal with events/dates/etc.

The usual method in forums with no control over ‘stickiness’ (much to the distain of moderators) is the routine posting of replies saying simply…

bump :wink:

I was on nights last night so I saw this not long after posting and ive been itching to thank Diane for posting it. It highlights a little problem so in a way … thanks for replying to it. :slight_smile:

Oh, thanks Diane for posting this. :wink:

Oh, how I wish I could go !!! It’s quite a trip, though, from the U.S. I’ve finally convinced my husband that Wales is a great place to live, so now all I have to do is find housing/work, etc., and hopefully we’ll see you at Eisteddfod next year !! :slight_smile:

You’re very welcome, Grunt! My memory from a couple years ago is that day tickets to the Maes (aka the main Eisteddfod grounds) were almost twice this price, so it’s a great deal for those who can commit now.

I’m confused:
Imgur
Why is there a £15 option and a £10 option?

Yeah, there seems to be 2 choices for each option. Are the bottom 3, the more expensive ones, for weekend days or something?

I’m even more confused, I can’t seem to find the right page to buy the tickets.

Typical Steddfod…:wink: That’s almost certainly because the more expensive tickets include access to the Pavilion (which they expect everyone to know!).

I asked them on Facebook and got: “Y tocynnau £10 yw’r bargeinion cynharaf. Unwaith y bydd y rheini wedi gwerthu allan bydd y pris yn codi i £15. Mae’r tocynnau union yr un fath.”. Which raises the question: why are they both appearing at the same time then?!

My guess is that their ticket system doesn’t allow the rule “Display only the cheaper ones until they sell out- then show the slightly more expensive ones”.

Sheesh, and here was me expecting a sensible reason…:wink: Good find, sir!

thanks Diana for this I’ve bought tickets today so saved money. Hope there might be SSIW party/get together on one of the days I purchased tickets for. If anyone is going Sun Mon and Wed pvt me if you want to meet up, cheers

Simon Walton - I asked them on Facebook and got: “Y tocynnau £10 yw’r bargeinion cynharaf. Unwaith y bydd y rheini wedi gwerthu allan bydd y pris yn codi i £15. Mae’r tocynnau union yr un fath.”.

Just to translate in hopes of encouraging everyone who can to visit the Steddfod: ‘The 10-pound tickets are the early-bird bargain. Once those have sold out the price will rise to 15 pounds. The tickets are exactly the same.’

Ah - Diolch, Diane!

We’re not 100% sure what day we’ll be there yet so I’m afraid I’ll be paying full whack, ah well. Fel 'na mae ac fel na fydd hi.