EASY question, difficult to ateb [lefel 3]

3 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

John: Ateb I Caroline [Dysgu]

4 Likes

4 Likes

First time trying this Souncloud thing so donā€™t know if Iā€™ve uploaded it right but letā€™s seeā€¦ Must confess, had a few goes at recording this but the other versions were unlistenable!

5 Likes

bore da @Betterlatethan I guess there is somewhat more opera in Italian than in Welsh, but if your rieni yn byw yn Gymru, well, thatā€™s the perfect excuse/reason to dysgu Cymraeg. If youā€™ve only been learning 8 months, I am seriously impressed! Wow! Fantastisch et fantastique. Bravissimo!

1 Like

Morning @PeterG Peter - without listening over and over again to your ateb, I can however say a) thank you very much for answering, b) youā€™re saying something about being in a band in Cardigan? c) you finished with ā€œwhat about you?ā€. Wellā€¦ itā€™s complicated. I started to learn Welsh because, having had responsibilities at work reduced considerably by new management, I needed a challenge, otherwise I was probably going to ā€œwalkā€ as there was little left to get my little grey cells going. Will listen again to your fascinating story in a while - trying to make out what poor old John Peel had to do with it all. Give me 5 (or 10 or whatever!). Thanks again.

3 Likes

Bore da @siaronjames - not sure I got that at all, sorry! I will listen again and again and if I still donā€™t give you a shout for a quick translation!

2 Likes

Good effort, Peter!

Have you seen the guide to getting your colours? Itā€™s here:

Pink, red, green, blue and beyond... what do they mean?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, @carolineparkinson for a question that I could understand. I should have said that my parents came (not come) from Wales, but I donā€™t do too well with tenses. Dad would be 104 if he were still alive! And thank you for the kind words. All credit to SSiW.
Sue

2 Likes

Afternoon @carolineparkinson. Your reason for learning Welsh sounds very familiar to me - apart from what I say in the Soundcloud recording, another reason was increasing mindnumbing tedium of the day job and the need to reignite those grey cells. The job hasnā€™t got any better but my Welsh has, hopefully!

As for the recordingā€¦well, Iā€™d had a few drinks by the time I recorded this so itā€™s possible some of the words may be slurredā€¦ Happy to help decode it if need be!

2 Likes

Diolch Aran! Must confess, I hadnā€™t read the colour-guide, noā€¦ Seems Iā€™m doing things in reverse order, then!

To be honest, when I made the recording, I didnā€™t really have badges in mind. Iā€™d just seen that a lot of brave, pioneering souls had taken the plunge, Iā€™d had a gwydraid neu ddau at the pub and thought, why not? I tried to do the 5-minute thing but my mind went blank, then I stumbled across @carolineparkinsonā€™s question and thought, ā€œI can answer that!ā€ and here we are.

Iā€™ll see if I can do the other steps. Is there a time limit for making these recordings or can I just do them whenever I get the chance/am drunk enough to speak?

1 Like

4 Likes

Felly, doesnā€™t that mean dylen i syth i glas? Apres tout, I thought I started out gyda fi ateb i Jane ddoe. Sorry, mustnā€™t keep using the Cymraeg in writing on the Forum. Maybe Iā€™ll give it another go tomorrow. Sounding like a spoilt child not getting sweets or top of the class now :wink:

First try at answering, so bare withā€¦

6 Likes

:+1:

Nope, absolutely not! And no harm at all in jumping straight in - I just wanted to make sure you didnā€™t miss out on your deserved colouringsā€¦ :wink:

If youā€™ve done an answer and I havenā€™t picked up on it, just ping me in

Going from GREEN to BLUE

:slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure this fully answers the question, but I tried and sort of lost my train of thought :slight_smile:

Edit: I also didnā€™t realise how much I like to say ā€˜fellyā€™ :smile: (I also apparently forgot ā€˜dauā€™ between biti and flynedd, oops!)

7 Likes

Diolch Aran! I did finally get round to the 5-minute thingā€¦and see Iā€™m now badged! Now I need to think of a question to askā€¦ Coming soonā€¦ish.

2 Likes