East London learners?

Any Welsh learners in east London up for an occasional practice over coffee? I’m just starting Level 2 but find it difficult to attend regular courses, events etc because I work shifts so daytime is usually best.

Stuart

1 Like

@Deborah-SSi - one for the email? :slight_smile:

Ok

I saw this title and thought, “which one?” There is an East London in South Africa!

London, England. Forgot about South Africa.

Dear Stuart, I’d be keen to meet up and practise, I’m in (fairly) central London and can easily travel eastward if you’re near a tube or rail station.
The only constraint you might find is that I’m at the same stage of learning as you. I really need to get some practice ‘in the wild’ as Iestyn says.
Regards,
Alyson

1 Like

Hi,

Unlikely that I could make it as I work in and around Central London and work over lunch but might be able to make the odd one if the idea fires up. The Wetherspoons by Stepney tube used to be a Welsh chapel so you might want to consider that as a location (they do coffees and lunches).

Peter

1 Like

Being at the same stage isn’t a constraint. It’s probably not a bad thing at all. Maybe meeting halfway would be a good thing? I live in Barking and Dagenham. Which borough are you in? As I mentioned, it’s normally daytime when I’m available.
Stuart

1 Like

I am happy to come east, Stuart, and day time is fine. I live in North Lambeth but near to good transport connections.
I’m not sure where to suggest that is accessible for you from Barking and Dagenham? Do you know somewhere? Peter’s idea of the past Welsh chapel in Stepney is interesting but could be too far west for you?
Alyson

1 Like

What’s your nearest station? If I know what line you’re on I can probably come up with something that’s convenient for both of us

Thanks, Stuart.
Northern Line, Victoria Line and Bakerloo Line.
Alyson

Canary Wharf or Tower Hill looks halfway-ish. Plenty of coffee shops etc too. Wetherspoons at Stepney Green also ok.

Canary Wharf sounds good. Are you free next Tuesday or Thursday at any time?
My email contact is:
alysonrussen@hotmail.com

Ok, will send you an email.