Downloaded files come out garbled on MP3 player

Hi all,

Apologies if this has come up before, but I’m trying to get started, and download the lessons on to my MP3 player, so that I can access them on the go. But (other than the Intro, which comes out fine), all the other lessons come out completely garbled.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @thomas-waters

Croeso! That sounds like you are not using the iPhone or Android App.

What route are you using to get it to the MP3 player…did you download the intro at the same time, in the same way?

Rich :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @rich - no, I’m not using an app; just downloading the file, and saving it into my MP3 files. I did the same for the intro, which worked absolutely fine, but none of the other files do!

1 Like

Hi @thomas-waters

So, I have just had a quick try to see if I had the same problem - I can download e.g. Level 1, challenge one and get it to play on both my PC or by subsequently sending it to my phone (as a file) and it will play.

I’d probably suggest trying again, with one of the challenges, just to see if something bizarre went wrong during the process last time.

1 Like

Unfortunately not - it’s come out garbled in the same way 3 times now. The Intro plays perfectly, but none of the other files work.

1 Like

Wow. Ok that is odd.

So when you download the files (on a PC?) - are you able to play the mp3 at that point - before doing anything else?

How does the file end up on the MP3 player?

Are you doing one file at a time?

( Have you ever had this type of problem before? )

2 Likes

Yes - I can play them on the laptop, and it’s only after I transfer the file over to the MP3 player that it doesn’t work. I’ve tried just doing one file at a time - the Intro is still the only one that works! Never come across this type of issue before.

1 Like

Okkkk…so how are the files getting from the laptop to the MP3 player?

I’ve tried either dragging and dropping into folder for the MP3 player once plugged in, or finding the downloaded file and copying across into the MP3 folder (both of these work for the Intro!).

1 Like

Ok so that is an interesting puzzle isn’t it - if the downloaded file plays on the Pc prior to transfer then it is not the file…so it turns into a logic puzzle as to why your MP3 player won’t play the challenge files taking into account that the intro file works.

So either there is something different about the format of the intro file to the others in the first place - both of which would have to be valid MP3 formats for the Pc to play them however (My pc would also play both) - or something during the transfer - only affecting the non-intro files.

So my MP3 player would play both.

How old is your MP3 player?

Do you have anything else which you can transfer and play the file on (phone, Pc, another MP3) just to narrow it down?