Do you love art and are you living in North Wales? 🎨

Are you learning Welsh and do you like Art?

Then come to Oriel Brondanw, Llanfrothen, Penrhyndeudraeth on the 05/11/2022 at 11:00 am for a special opportunity to see a mixed media exhibition by Sian Hughes.

Sian, a Welsh learner, will share her work and her inspiration with you over a cup of tea and cake. She’s looking forward very much to chatting with you and the event is absolutely free!

The name of her exhibition is Darnau Mewn Amser: Llif / Fragments in Time: Flow, and it explores the landscape of Traeth Mawr, Porthmadog, when it was a tidal estuary before the construction of the Cob, and the role of the Dwyryd River in bringing slate to the sea

There will then be an opportunity to see the work of Susan Ellis-Williams and to go for a walk in the beautiful gardens of Plas Brondanw.

Reservations must be made by emailing Hunaniaith@gwynedd.llyw.cymru

This is an opportunity for new Welsh speakers to practise your conversation. Experienced speakers are also welcome.

Find out more about Sian Hughes, here - www.sianhughes.net

310477315_1677553239280568_329605161557957288_n

2 Likes

I’ve booked a place to go to this (it was very straightforward to do, so don’t let that put anyone off!) :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for this kind invitation. I have booked too as I am familiar with some of Sian’s amazing work and I am a keen Welsh learner. Oriel Brondanw is very beautiful and this is a wonderful opportunity to combine my love of art, language and place.

1 Like

It was lovely to meet you today @stephys - I really enjoyed the exhibition, the ‘behind the scenes’ treats, and the cake was absolutely delicious! Sian was very inspiring and everyone’s Welsh was really good :slight_smile:

For anyone who missed this special morning but would still like to see the exhibition, the stay at Oriel Brondanw has been extended until the 15th of November - it’s a beautiful and historic place well worth visiting (but hopefully you won’t have as much rain as we did this morning!)

2 Likes

Thank you @siaronjames for sharing this wonderful morning, it was so lovely to meet you too. Sian brought us all together with her beautiful work and speaking Welsh in such a setting with much kindness and encouragement made for a very special gathering.

2 Likes