Diwrnod hapus iawn yfory

Our son, Chris is getting married tomorrow. This in itself will be the cause of great festivity, jollification and carousing, but there is yet more icing on this particular wedding cake. My daughter-in-law-to-be brings with her a beautiful three year old daughter who (according to Y Geriadur Mawr) will make Chris a wicked llystad and me a doting llystadcu. I’m delighted to say, however, that she and her mother have agreed to call me plain “tadcu” which distinguishes me from her other grandpas.

She (my new wyres) brings joy to the family. She attends a local Welsh medium nursery and will shortly go to the Welsh medium primary school. I look forward to talking Welsh to her at every opportunity. :smile:

25 Likes

HUGE congratulations to you all! :slight_smile: :star: :star2: :fireworks:

1 Like

Aw - how lovely! I hope you all have a really fantastic day tomorrow.

1 Like

There’s going to be such fun in your house! Granddaughters bring joy with them. (Grandsons may do, too, but we don’t have experience of them, yet). Is this your first grandchild?

1 Like

I now have one of each - and both bring joy. :smile:

1 Like

Llongyfarchiadau! Sounds happy in every way! Have a wonderful day tomorrow, and enjoy being a tadcu! :slight_smile: :tada:

1 Like

Llongyf’s a phob lwc to everyone involved for tomorrow.

2 Likes

This has bought a warm tear to my eye, Huw. What wonderful news! Thank you so much for sharing and have an absolutely fabulous day! Cariad mawr. XXX

2 Likes

Sorry to go all mushy on you, but have you seen this…

4 Likes

Am newyddion hyfryd! llongyfarchiadau mawrion i chi gyd.

2 Likes

YAY! @hewrop! Llongyfarchiadau!

“tadcu”? It sounds so great and so familiar! Did you know that in one of our (Slovenian) dialects “tatko” (k like Welsh c) means father or grandfather (it depends though)? :slight_smile:

I wish you the most wonderful not just tomorrow but all days after that. Every day can be fun and let it be so!

2 Likes

I am feeling overwhelmed and overjoyed by all your kind comments. They have added immensely to an already great weekend.

I am a very happy tadcu / tatko. If I weren’t a bloke, I’d be shedding a tear or two. Actually … i fod yn onest … :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Even blokes are allowed to shed a tear…

7 Likes

Da iawn, Huw! Have a great day, a great time, i bet you are a great tadcu!
edited 5/11 : @hewrop, thanks for understanding through the typos! I tried to put the original in from my ipad and it ‘corrects’ things and also, since it has a ‘pseudo’ keyboard, I have trouble actually producing anything! Hope all is brilliant for the ceremony!

3 Likes

You could improve that video that’s been doing the rounds, with men saying when they last cried.

‘So, Huw, when did you last cry?’

‘Kind of busy crying right now, actually, if you could give me a minute…’

:star: :star2:

1 Like

‘So, Huw, when did you last cry?’

At 10:30 this morning … my little boy :cry::blush: (he’s only 36, sniff)

4 Likes

I love this one!

I hope you had fabulous day and there was many cries out of joy! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The day went very well, thank you. I spent absolutely none of it watching the Australia-Wales match (which helped) :laughing:
Diolch yn fawr i bawb unwaith eto am eich eiriau mor caredig.

9 Likes

Sori :wink:

1 Like

Da iawn.

(You did well to miss that match. I watched it to the end and reckon the man who came out of it best was Craig Joubert!)

2 Likes