Cymanfa Ganu - Harrogate ddydd Sadwrn

Reminder to all/ Cofiwch pawb

Yorkshire and North East Welsh Hymn Singing Festival, Trinity Methodist Chapel HG2 9AU runs from 2.00 -6.30 with break for tea etc. 10th May…Bi-Lingual Service with singing mostly yn Cymraeg.

Sounds wonderful Stuart! Wish I was nearer, I’d really love to attend. I hope you get a good turn out and that it’s a fabulous day. :slight_smile:

It was wonderful too. The Chapel - a magnificient building - was packed out on the ground floor and the singing, well, just what is it about congregational singing of Welsh hymns which raises the spirits to the roof? ''Diadem" was belted out with such gusto it reminded me of after-match scenes in the pubs of Cardiff City Centre following the the old FIVE Nations games…There was another North of England Cymanfa Ganu over in Altrincham this afternoon. Next year’s Yorkshire and N/E event already pencilled in for the second Saturday in May, worth making a weekend of it

Stu, you paint a marvellous picture, sounds like a memorable event - wish I could have been a fly on the wall! Enjoy Yorkshire! :slight_smile:

On the back ot this wonderful event, a second get-together of the reconstituted Leeds Welsh Society is scheduled for Friday June 6 - venue Carraigeworks Arts, Millemium Square, Leeds. A ‘rolling’ meeting will start at 6.30 pm and run until 8. Small contribution to booking costs would be favoured, Everyone welcome, with or without ‘mae hen iaith y Cymru’

Thanks for putting this on the newsletter pawb o SSiW.