Coventry meetups - Latest News

Hi everyone! Coventry SSIW meets at the following dates and times and places:

OLD WINDMILL PUB
3rd Wednesday of every month at the Old Windmill pub, 22 Spon Street CV1 3BA from 7.00 p.m. Usually finishing around 8.45.

DOBBIES GARDEN CENTRE
3rd Saturday of every month at Dobbies Garden Centre, Straight Mile, Frankton, Rugby CV23 9QQ, from 10.30 (ish) a.m. We meet in the outside area at the far side of the cafe so again wrap up warm if it’s cold. Usually finishing around 12.30.

EARLSDON METHODIST CHURCH
1st, 3rd and (if there is one) 5th Thursdays of the month, upstairs at Earlsdon Methodist Church, Albany Road, CV5 6NF, at 10.00 a.m.

COVENTRY WELSH CHAPEL
1st three Sundays of the month, Radford and Holbrooks Methodist Church, Rupert Road CV6 3AZ, 2.30pm. Doors close 5 minutes before service starts. Tea and chat in Welsh after service.

Scroll down to the bottom of this thread for precise dates (they do vary occasionally).

Hope to see some of you at some of these. You don’t have to arrive on the start time (except for the chapel service), feel free to arrive and leave at your convenience.

Please contact @andyjone if you would like to be added to the mailing list.

Thanks
Andy

1 Like

Hi Andy, I didn’t know there was a Coventry branch!

Is there an email list I can join?
Maybe see you on Sept 8th
thanks
Wes

Sure! We have two different email lists - one for the Thursday morning sessions 10.30 fortnightly at Earlsdon Methodist Church but currently still on Zoom, and one for the Wednesday evening and Saturday morning meetings - would you like to join both?

Andy

would you like to give me your email address and I will add you, thanks

Andy

Hi Andy, I’m interested too - I’ve finished SSiW Level 2 but not practised for a year. COuld you add me to the email lists please?
Paul Davies, Nuneaton
paul.davies523@ntlworld.com

sure! Look forward to meeting you. Might be short notice but our next meet-up is tomorrow morning!

Andy

Hi Andy

What time are we meeting tonight at the Litten Tree? Peter seemed to think it might be 6.30 not 7.30? And could I have a direct email address for you, or better still a phone number? Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul, we’re starting at 7 tonight. That’s my mistake, we always used to start at 6.30 and I just forgot and started the last one at 7.30. But last week we decided on 7 as the start time although we can change it if it’s too early (or too late) for people.

Thanks
Andy

Noswaith da pawb

Can you add me to the mailing list too please.

[deleted by admin for security]

Hope to meet you all soon.

Diolch
J9

Done - our next meeting this month is this Saturday (18th) at Dobbies in Frankton, 10.30 a.m. which you are welcome to come to. Would you like to go on the mailing list for the Thursday morning meetings as well?

Thanks
Andy

1 Like

Hi all, to everyone who used to come to the Coventry meetups and anyone who might be interested in coming along in the future, two of the meetups are going to go face to face shortly.

SATURDAY MORNING - third Saturday of the month, 10.30a.m. at Dobbies Garden Centre cafe, Straight Mile Burton-on-Dunsmore Frankton Warwickshre CV23 9QQ. Next dates: Dec 18, Jan 15, Feb 19.

WEDNESDAY EVENING - Second Wednesday of the month, 7.00 p.m. at the Litten Tree pub, 1 Warwick Rd, Coventry CV1 1EX. Next dates: Dec 15 (yes this is the 3rd Wednesday, see note below), Jan 12, Feb 9.

THURSDAY MORNING - 1st, 3rd and (if there is one) 5th Thursdays of the month, upstairs at Earlsdon Methodist Church, Albany Road, CV5 6NF, at 10.30 a.m. Next dates: Dec 2, 16, (not sure about 30th), Jan 6, 20.

Thanks
Andy Jones, Coventry SSIW
@Deborah-SSi details updated

1 Like

Just tagging @Deborah-SSi so this can be added to the weekly email.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, for one month only we have had to move December’s SSIW meeting at the Litten Tree from the second Wednesday to the third Wednesday, so it’s Wednesday 15th at 7pm not Wednesday 8th as it would usually be.

Thanks
Andy
@Deborah-SSi

@Deborah-SSi - please could we edit this top post so that people don’t have to scroll down for the correct details or latest updates? I can provide the details if only admins can edit top posts.

Thanks
Andy

I’m not sure if only Admins can edit posts. If you look at your post at the top, can you see a row of dots to the left of the Reply arrow with more options? If you can, do you get a pencil icon in there?

I’ve put the latest information there for you now, and I can keep doing that if you can’t find the Edit option.

Hi there

Could you add me to the email list? The Saturday meet sounds great - dave_lewis7@hotmail.com

Diolch yn fawr.

You’ll need to sign up to the email list via the link on the FAQ page SaySomethingin

1 Like

@dave-lewis7 done!

@siaronjames I was inferring that this was a request to be added specifically to the Coventry mailing list, not to the general SSIW list :slight_smile: Hope I’m right in that :slight_smile:

@Deborah-SSi Hi @Deborah-SSi, I know we’ve had this conversation before but the dates on the top notice to this thread are now out of date. Is there any way I can edit them please? I’ve tried clicking on the pencil icon which usually means edit, but all I get is history! Thanks :slight_smile: -)

When it shows you History, do you see this at the bottom?

The ‘Edit Post’ looks disabled, but it works if I click on it. I’m not sure if that’s just because I’m Admin though.