Coventry - First Wednesday, early evening

Hi everyone, we have a new monthly meet-up in Coventry - the first Wednesday of each month at the Litten Tree, Coventry from 6.30. All welcome. Small group at the moment so best to check first.

4 Likes

Ooh, @Deborah-SSi! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch @aran! Un arall i ychwanegu ar y rhestr :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Andy, I would like to come to the Coventry group. I would be grateful if you would send me details of times, venues etc.
Da bo’
Trefor

Hi Trefor

We meet at the Litten Tree pub in Coventry city centre (1 Warwick Row, Coventry, CV1 1EX) on the first Wednesday of the month at 6.30 pm, finishing around 8 or 8.30 ish. We had our first meeting a couple of weeks ago. There were only two of us, myself and Mark, but the way I look at is that the fewer people there are, the more practice time you get :slight_smile: At that time you should be able to get on street parking nearby if you are driving.

My phone number is [PM Andy for his phone number].

Hwyl
Andy

1 Like

Diolch am eich ebost Andy. Welwch chi yn y Litten Tree yn Tachwedd.
Hwyl
Trefor :slight_smile:
Ffon rhif 07952990101.

1 Like

Dear friends, just to let you know that the group that meets in the Litten Tree pub at 6.30 pm on the first Wednesday of the month, will not be meeting next week (December 7th).

We may add a meeting later in the month instead.

Thanks
Andy

1 Like

I am touting for signatures for petition to save finance of S4C! Please ask your group, if any have not signed, to please do so! Link is:

Hi everyone, the (normally) First Wednesday group in Coventry will be meeting tomorrow Wednesday December 21st from 6.30pm till around 8 ish. We meet in the Litten Tree pub, 1 Warwick Row, Coventry CV1 1EX. Learners and speakers of all levels welcome.

1 Like

ooh is this still happening. Only just discovered this post, Im only on lesson 2 though!!
Ann

Hi Ann, yes this is still happening! We normally meet on the first Wednesday of every month at the Litten Tree pub in Coventry, at 6.30 and usually chat till 8 ish. So our next meet-up is February 1st. You are very welcome to join us whether you’re on lesson 2 or lesson 200! Also if you’re available in the daytime there is a different group in Coventry that meets on a Thursday morning.

Thanks
Andy

1 Like

Hi, who should I look out for tomorrow at the pub?
Ann

@andyjone - is there a good contact for Ann? :slight_smile:

That’s great! My Irish girlfriend attended Uni there, and I’ve been twice. A small town, but a Welsh meet-up group would really add some lovely tone to the city. Good luck!

Ha Andy, Ive only just seen this as I got home. thank you so much for tonight. I still feel completely intimidated but a lot happier that Im not on my own:)
Diolch to you and Mark

1 Like

Dear friends, we have set up a Facebook group for learners in Coventry, everyone welcome to join especially if you are in the Coventry area and learning Cymraeg.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/166805653811976/

Andy

1 Like

Hi. I hope this is still going. I’ve applied to join the page, yno only on challenge 7!

1 Like

I’m also interested if I can get there, I am near Rugby. Is it still going @andyjone ?

Also anyone know if the Thursday morning twice monthly meetup is still going, please?

I think @mintonman is around the area?

Hi @alice9, and hi @vickyandrew,

We had a break over the summer, but will be back in the Litten Tree (not far from Coventry Station) this Wednesday at 6:30pm for sgwrs a pheint (o ddŵr, in my case).

And the Thursday mornings are still happening on the first and third Thursdays of the month, for those who can make a daytime meeting - a bigger group, which I’m sorry I can’t get to these days.

Hope to see either or both of you this Wednesday, or another time soon,

all the best,

Mark

2 Likes

Thanks very much Mark.

I think am going to try to do the Thurs meeting this week as that fits better with other things this week, will head to Coventry that day and hope I find them. =D Hope I might be able to get out for the evening another time.

1 Like