Course notes for Southern Level 2 (Challenge 25 now available!)

I think so - like a questioning tag at the end of saying something. - As in you would do that wouldn’t you?

1 Like

Ah, not quite then - more like ‘you wouldn’t do that, would you?’… :slight_smile:

I was sort of thinking of things like fyddet ti’n ei wneud e na fyddet? using it like yn fyddet really - if you can’t then you can’t I just liked the sound of it better for some reason, which is not a valid way of doing things I know.

Nope, sorry, that would just be a ‘computer says what?’ kind of moment…:slight_smile:

1 Like

exactly what I needed t know - diolch

1 Like

You would use it in the negative - “Fyddet ti ddim yn gwneud hynny, na fyddet?”, but in the positive, you would use “yn fyddet” (which is actually “oni fyddet”, but pronounces yn fyddet). I’ve just noticed, in English, you use the opposite, don’t you? As in “you would, wouldn’t you”, but “you wouldn’t, would you?”. Isn’t that interesting!

3 Likes

brilliant - the language switch is probably why i thought that-i suppose imn the positive the na might be confused with the “or would gou”?

A dyma fe, y sialens olaf o Lefel 2 Deheuol!! Joiwch! :smiley:

Challenge 25
Vocabulary introduced:
Set ti’n gallu. Byddet ti’n helpu.

3 Likes

Oh! So grateful! More, please! :slight_smile: Diolch yn fawr iawn!

2 Likes

Gee, where did I miss that “Challenge 25” bit …? Ayayay, Tatjana … :slight_smile:

Thank you for your endless effort @faithless78. Your guieds are huge help to me especially when I tend to write somethig.

Diolch. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used to be able to update the title, but seem to be unable to now (hence why it still says “Challenge 21 now available!”), so you only know it has been updated if you actually go to the thread!
But yes, it’s all there now, and Aran also has a PDF version awaiting inclusion to the FAQ section.
Gav :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shwmae @professeuradams!
That is all that will be available for Level 2 now. But, as soon as Level 3 becomes available, I will begin a new thread with notes from the new challenges as soon as they are made available.
Diolch!

1 Like

I did it for you. It now says “Challenge 25 now available”. I followed until Challenge 24 and then I have lost the track somehow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah Diolch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

At the end of Level 1 I found the example sentences in each Challenge very good along with the vocabluary when it come to revision. However I noticed that Level 2 Challenges didn’t include the sentence examples. Is there any intent to include these? I found them very helpful when trying out new sentence building practice.

Hmmm … I’m not quite sure it is practice for southern part … @faithless78?

But on the other hand I’m using guides mostly to see how something is formed/written and not along with learning. Guides are more or less great addition of post-learning for me. They come very handy now when I’ve already gone through (almost) everything offered. :slight_smile:

Shwmae Heston!
If you’re referring to the notes on the app, then that wasn’t included by me, but by the person who added the notes to the app. I’m only going by what I see available on the iOS version of the app as I don’t have an Android device available.
My notes only consist of the new words used in each challenge, leaving the option to add the English meaning to the learner if they wish to do so. Where the app is concerned, I don’t physically add the notes to it.
I will tag @lewie in this, as he is our iOS app guy, and also @jamesmahoney for the Android app, as they may know who does the vocabulary examples for the app.

1 Like

He’s probably referring to the web page. The notes in the iOS app have example sentences (taken from the lesson).

1 Like

Thanks gav,I’m trying to build sentences by getting familiar with the Welsh rather than translate from memory. It’s very difficult as I find it easier to translate the English than read the Welsh. Do you know of any links to Welsh sentences?

It sounds as though you’re trying to add a layer of practice between doing the challenges and getting into a live conversation - I’d recommend just jumping in at the deep end and putting yourself through the conversation grinder! If you’ve got to the end of Level 2, you’re more than ready for it… :slight_smile:

1 Like