Conwy County

Helo pawb. Does anyone know of (or would anyone be interested in starting?) any meetups/practice groups/etc in Conwy County? I’ve searched the forums but can’t find anything recent! Diolch.

1 Like

Hi! I’m in Conwy county, near Betws y Coed and there were a lot of things on before the pandemic. Nia ran a couple of things in Blaenau (which is in Gwynedd but only a 5 miles from me) and there were quite a few learners there. There were also things being put on by Dysgu Cymraeg so it might be worth signing up to their Facebook page to get info on events. Where are you in Conwy county?

Hello, I’m just a few miles from Conwy. The only group that seems to meet regularly now, that I know of, is Panad a Sgwrs who meet at Y Caffi in Glan Conwy. They have a Facebook page. I have done the SSIW levels and am now working through Sylfaen with Dysgu Cymraeg. My husband is also learning and we’d both like to meet up with other learners near here to get some speaking practice

I live in the village of Llansannan and we have a group for practicing our Welsh first and third Saturday’s 10.00-11.30. In our sports pavilion. Not just SSIW but some of us use it

Menter Iaith, Llanrwst have been running on line sgwrs since early in the pandemic. I understand they’re now doing face to face meetings. Also Castle View pub Deganwy, on a Monday lunchtime. Colin Holt used to run Saturday walk and chat from a cafe in Glan Conwy. All I can suggest as I now live in Devon.

Hi. I live in Abergele. I have started a Facebook group for Welsh Speakers and Learners in the area so anyone in the area is welcome to join. We also have a Gwilym Bowen-Rhys gig on 1st July at Abergele Golf Club.
Here’s the FB group https://fb.me/g/p_Y9UTFmteYR9n9U43/CH7W9nbb

And here’s a link to buy tickets for the gig

@BaraBrithBach I live in England nowadays but i have a flat in my hometown of Llandrillo-yn-Rhos / Rhos-on-Sea and would be happy to chat one to one or in a group when I’m there.

@nevilleeden I thought you might be involved in the Gwilym Bowen Rhys concert - I bought our tickets a short while ago. It will be good to catch up on things since the Ciliau Aeron weekend. P.S. I’ve now committed “gwirfoddolwr” to memory !

Ardderchog dw i’n edrych ymlaen i weld chi eto.

1 Like

There’s a group meeting in Llanfairfechan https://www.facebook.com/groups/458015338954051/?ref=share

Bore da. Dw i’n dysgu siarad Cymraeg. I am from Holland and I will be visiting my family in colwyn bay this Christmas. Does anyone like to meet up with me or know a meeting I may join. I am staying over 24 December till 2 januari.

Kind regards Angela

Goodmorning I am from Holland and I will be visiting my family in colwyn bay this Christmas. Does anyone like to meet up with me or know a meeting I may join. I am staying over 24 December till 2 januari.

Kind regards Angela