Comenzar or empezar - is there a difference please?

Comenzar or empezar - is there a difference please?

1 Like

Nope, not really - use whichever comes to mind first, and your usage patterns will end up similar to whomever you end up speaking to most often… :slight_smile:

First language speakers will have tendencies to use one in one circumstance and another in others - and some will be willing to start to give you a ruleset for which should be used when - but the underlying truth is that you’ll be understood fine whichever you use, and you’ll adapt to the fine tuning more quickly by getting into plenty of conversations than by trying to learn complicated usage rulesets… :slight_smile:

Muchas gracias. Estoy disfrutando mucho el curso.
I moved from Wales 2 years ago, and there is a certain irony learning Spanish from a Welsh man!
I am 71 years old now, and lived in Birmingham when I was young. I met my first boy friend in Aberystwyth, his parents only spoke Welsh. So I started to learn. Sadly he gave me up after about a month, and I gave up learning Welsh. It would have been useful when I went to live and work there later in life!

1 Like

Those wheels of life keep on rolling in all sorts of peculiar ways… :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like