Collette from Wales, dwy’n dysgu siarad cymrag!

Hi everyone, my name is Collette and I live in Port Talbot, yesterday I started learning Welsh. I did do O Level Welsh many years ago but am already loving learning how to speak it! After only 2 days this course has already encouraged me refresh my love of languages, can’t wait to learn more.:grinning: :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Dwy’n caru Cymrag

6 Likes

That was supposed to be a Welsh flag not a black one!

2 Likes

Welcome Collette!
Yes, the flag emojii seems to have a gremlin lodging at the moment!

There are quite a few learners here from Port Talbot and I’m sure you’ll come across them soon.
In the time BC (before covid) there were regular meet ups, and there are still virtual ones happening on our Slack group - a nice little stronghold developing down in Port Talbot now! :wink:

2 Likes

Croeso. I’m not far from Port Talbot. I live near Bridgend. Hope you enjoy the learning.

2 Likes

Hi. Yes there are plenty of us dotted along the M4. Nice to see interest growing here. Tagging Caz @carin-harris, who will probably catch up with you some time.

1 Like

Diolch pawb, looking forward to receiving my email on Monday from SSIW so I can start properly!

2 Likes

Hi Colette,
Thanks John. Port Talbot group meets in The Twelve Knights normally. We have a group on Slack WSP and there is also a thread on here which is updated with meetings. You can also find us on FB. Hope to meet you soon AC (After covid)

1 Like

Thanks Carin, that’s great to know, I’m definitely interested in joining these groups, especially the Twelve Knights one! Looking forward to this but first I need to learn a bit more Welsh. Thanks for making me feel welcome guys.

1 Like

oooh - don’t believe your brain when it says that! That goalpost will just keep on moving! Deep breath, and jump right in - you’ll be surprised how much “bit more Welsh” you already know! :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, just come along. You have learned more than enough to join in.