CLOSING TODAY: Luxury northern Bootcamp - April 15th, 2016

With your recent progress Tatjana, I think we’ll need to work out a way to bring bootcamp to you! I’m sure I’m not the only one who would jump at a chance to speak Welsh in Slovenia :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you @dee.

Only I speak Cymraeg in Slovenia (apart from (maybe) someone who might be Welsh and live here) so there’s almost not even tiny chance that “only Welsh” rule would aply.

And … with

I thought something else but money …

Yes, that’s true, but I doubt many bootcampers would speak Slovenian, so although they may not be able to speak to locals in Welsh, they could still stick to Welsh with each other and avoid speaking English. After all, there won’t be many locals speaking Welsh in Monaco either.

2 Likes

Well, might be, but the chances are bigger … :slight_smile:

Thank goodness - so Eirwen and I are still safe using Welsh as our secret code!!

3 Likes

Oooooohhh.

Now there’s a thought…:sunny:

Yeah, you’ll want to be careful with that - it can go horribly wrong at the most unexpected of times…:wink:

2 Likes

And this is so true … one of my close relatives was nearly expelled from school in Manchester after cursing his teacher in Arabic, thinking that his teacher would not understand.!! And was horrified when his teacher replied in fluent Arabic that he was not currently in an amorous relationship with any camels . Arabic is a particularly rich language for curses apparently - possibly preemminent!!

So I will make sure not to emulate this scenario with Welsh in Monaco - even though there are a couple of traffic wardens who might deserve a curse or two,

Justin

2 Likes

On the other hand, it can go really right. I was on a bus in the Isle of Wight a couple of seats behind a couple of Africans speaking Swahili. They were leering out of the window, and I caught the word ‘maziwa’ (breasts/milk). Assuming they were making sexist comments, I called out a greeting in Swahili. The men whipped round, shocked, then said, ‘We were just admiring those cows, and saying what a lot of milk they must produce!’ I felt I had to make amends by helping them track down some nightlife in Ryde…

4 Likes

Eirwen’s family keep a small dairy herd in North Wales - so I had better learn Swahili fast in case these same two Africans pay the region a visit

Justin

3 Likes

Only one day to go and I’m getting excited.

Oh, and BUMP. :blush:

2 Likes

Cut-off point is at midnight… :sunny:

I’ll be emailing this year’s Bootcampers when the kids wake me up tomorrow…

2 Likes

:smile:
I presume you won’t just open your eyes and grab your phone starting emailing.

(sorry, but this made me smile imagening you bearly open your eyes, grabbing your phone and sending mails. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

And why would you think this? :smiley:

Haha! Out of the hurry not to miss something. :smiley:

@aran said “when kids wake me up” and my imagination has gone beyond that imagening him opening his eyes, grabbing the phone and starting emailing, kids still “on him” waking him up.

:slight_smile: No offence but I just like such amusing thoughts/visions … they’re funny (in a good way of course - no harm meant). :smiley:

Still sleeping? It’s good to have a lie in on a Sunday from time to time.

Justin

1 Like

Emails went out mid-morning, and we’ve been on beaches or walking with the kids since then… :slight_smile:

This is going to be a new level of Bootcamp - highly personalised, new levels of achievement, a blend between traditional Bootcamp and intensive acquisition - I’m genuinely excited to see the results…

3 Likes

I’m genuinely petrified :smiley:

(No, not really, but it’s going to be … interesting, I think :))

1 Like

It certainly is, and no mistake… :slight_smile:

It’s going to be the Bootcamp I think (without always being fully aware of it) I’ve been building towards for the last 6 years…

2 Likes