Cardiff, 3rd Saturday of the month

Phil and/or I have been to the last four or five meet ups and been alone, so were thinking of stopping this. However, we have someone who wants to come this Saturday. Unfortunately we both have joined the Cymdeithas Edward Lloyd, and they have a walk in our area this Saturday. In fact, they have another three walks within easy travelling distance of Cardiff over the next few months - and they are all on the third Saturday of the month!! Other Saturdays they are in areas too far away, like Aberystwyth, Fishguard and the Preselis.

Are any of our past attendees able/willing to go? Problem is, this group has been successful in pushing people forward in their Welsh and they have gone off to start their own groups! Kevin in Bridgend, David (Cuckoo) in Newport, Judy and Ann in Barry, or moved away - Sarah-Jane and Gareth and Dee.

This is sad news!
Especially since it’s becoming much more likely that my plans to move to or near the Cardiff area in June will come to fruition. It is certain that I will be working in Cardiff when I do move.
Of course, attending meetings will depend upon me not working during a meeting day, but it would’ve been great if there was still a group meeting up regularly.

I do hope this won’t extend to the meets at Y Mochyn Du just yet though…

Please let me know if you will be having a meet up between march 23 and April 3 as I am back in Cardiff for 10 days and would love to attend a meet up. Diolch.

1 Like

Sunday 29 th is the monthly Welsh quiz in the Mochyn Du at 8 pm if you would like to join us. We could meet earlier, or even eat there, if you would like to.

Once you arrive in Cardiff you will soon find lots of things to do through the Welsh language, depending on your interests! There is a monthly quiz in the Mochyn Du, gigs in the Duke of Clarence and Clwb Ifor Bach, Tafwyl, classes for Yoga, swimming, dancing, history, and much more. Just subscribe to Menter Caerdydd’s website and tick the boxes that have an interest for you. And we will still have the once a month Monday night in the Mochyn Du as that is on the up again with new members. Look forward to your arrival!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for these tips… Very thoughtful of you and very helpful.