Can't download course 2 for Android

Yes I can, this may be the problem, I was curious and had a little listen to the Level courses.

I donā€™t know (might you told us but Iā€™ve forgotten though), but are you paying member (do you pay subscription to Cymraeg or all languages)? If not this is the cause. If yes ā€¦ Letā€™s see what I get here. I have android too so ā€¦

Or, if you have app set to "download only via WiFi and you donā€™t have this type of connection you wonā€™t be able to download lessons or refresh app either.

Iā€™m paying subscription so I canā€™t guarantee how it would work for you, but for me it works without any error at all. I tried Course 2 Lesson 0 and 5 (south), Course 3 Lesson 19 (South), Level 2 Challenge 4 (North), course 3 Lesson 25 (North) and it all works just fine although a bit slow, but this is probably due to my a bit slow mobile connection (deliberately didnā€™t use WiFi one).

So, unless you donā€™t pay the subscription and this is the case, on the SSi part all works perfectly fine (at least for me).

1 Like

It works now! I didnā€™t realise that course 2 wasnā€™t free!. I just finished Gwers 26 and decided to make a contribution and then discovered that further courses required a contribution. Sorry for wasting your time.

1 Like

Hey! Nothing is waste of (at least my) time! Youā€™ve asked, weā€™ve answered, itā€™s as simple as that and when thereā€™s a question again youā€™d ask it and one of us would answer it.

Now ā€¦ Happy learning! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @theblacksparrow

Iā€™ve just been updating the app on my Android phone (yes, I still use it :slight_smile: ) and noticed a couple of small points. In Level 1 (New) the listening practices are showing with just the same name as the previous Challenge. The first one (after Challenge 05) is fine. It says Listening Practice 1, but after Challenge 10 I get another Challenge 10. When I listen itā€™s actually the sped-up listening practice - same for Challenge 15, Challenge 20, and Challenge 25.

When I tried to download Level 2 (New) it said I wasnā€™t signed in and wouldnā€™t download anything, but when I went to Settings that said I was signed in as Dee. I decided to sign in again and then it was fine and downloaded Level 2, but it looked a bit confusing saying I was signed in if I wasnā€™t.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up.Thereā€™s a minor task I need to do to make the listening practices show up properly, but I didnā€™t realise the level 1 souths were ready

Yeah, thatā€™s an annoying error messageā€¦

Itā€™s been/being changed to something more along the lines of ā€œplease sign in againā€, which will hopefully be clearer.

2 Likes

Diolch :sunny:

Hello. I have the iPad and android apps. iPad is working fine. I am working on level 2 new and lessons are appearing. However when using the same login details on android and when trying to display any member only content (eg level 2), I am getting the message saying ā€˜could not download member only lesson details. Please sign in ā€¦ active membershipā€™. My membership is active with this logon. Iā€™ve signed in again, uninstalled and reinstalled the app on android to no availā€¦
Any suggestions please. I renewed my subscription this morning so shall I wait and try again later?

If you pass your username/email to @Kinetic heā€™ll be able to check out your user account for you.

2 Likes

Diolch

Hi @SDavies - Iā€™ve checked on your account (the one with the username SDavies on the main website) and it seems your subscription was cancelled on the 22nd of February, so that would explain why the Android app is refusing access to Level 2. However this would also cause the main website to refuse access, too - so if you say that the website is letting you see Level 2, could it be that youā€™re logging in with another account, one which does still have an active subscription?

1 Like

Thank you for looking. It is the app on iPad which I am getting access to the paid for content with user name SDavies. I could have sworn I renewed my subscription last Monday but nothing showing in my bank account. I did have another user name SusanD initially but tried to renew on that one a while back but my card details had changed and I couldnā€™t see anywhere to update them so registered with a new email address. Would it be possible for you to delete the user account SusanD please. Many thanks.

Hmm, the SusanD account also has an expired subscription! SusanD subscribed on the 28th Sept, then SDavies subscribed on the 28th Jan, and then both subscriptions were cancelled a few weeks later on the 22nd Febā€¦

In any case, Iā€™ve deactivated SusanD now, leaving SDavies as the only account. :smile:

2 Likes

Diolch am eich help

2 Likes