Calling learners in Kent

Hello out there to anyone living in Kent who wants to chat in Welsh! A couple of us are trying to get a group together. It doesn’t have to be based in a particular area ( as we can move it around to suit) but two of us live around Gillingham and Rainham.

2 Likes

Kim @dinas might be interested in doing this. We used to hold a monthly meet at The Coopers Arms in Rochester before I moved to Cymru, but so far it hasn’t continued over the last year. Would be good to hear of this meet happening again in Kent.

1 Like

Thanks Faithless! Hope we can get a few people together.

1 Like

I’m based in Folkestone - pretty new to SSiW though, about half way through Course 1 North, and just realising I probably should have done Level 1! Oops

2 Likes

Hi Scarlett. That’s brilliant. I’d love it if we could meet up. Would it be ok for me to PM you in a couple of days - when I know what I’m doing?

Don’t worry about that - it’s easy to hop over once you’ve finished Course 1… :sunny:

Hi signe-trevette
Brilliant! I’m going to get it all going in September - when the world settles down a bit and I can think again. Will keep you posted.

1 Like

Hi Sam, this sounds interesting. I live near Rochester, and completed Course One (S) some months ago. I have now started Level One (S).

I would like to be able to take part in whatever you manage to organise. But this depends on “where and when” because I need to fit things around my personal (“caring”) commitments.

So I look forward to hearing more when you get this under way! Pob lwc, Gavin

2 Likes

Hi GavinM

Sorry its taken so long to reply.
Yes, I am definitely starting a weekly meet up in September. There are about 4 people interested at the moment and maybe some more on the way. I’m waiting to see the spread of locations but I’m sure we’ll be able to sort something out each week - even if the venue has to move from time to time. Very excited and so glad you replied. I’ll keep you posted.

Sam

2 Likes

I saw Rainham mentioned earlier in the thread. I live in Barking so wouldn’t have a problem with areas like that, although I might not want to venture too far into deepest Kent.

1 Like

Please ask group members to sign petition for funding for S4C

Setting up a group in Canterbury (central location, beautiful city and pubs) could be a great compromise in Kent (from old Welsh ‘Caint’ !)

But sadly Im not there at the moment…but if I return I’ll be onto it

Hi

I am very new to ssiw and have only done the first few lessons on the introduction but would love to meet up with other learners. I live in Paddock Wood near Tonbridge. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Wendy

2 Likes

Hi Stuart

Sorry for the delay - I’ve been away. I’m afraid iI’m based in Rainham Kent, not Essex. Would be delighted to have you but I know its a bit of a journey!

Thanks

Sam

1 Like

Hi brynie

Good idea!

Hi Wendy

I’m still definitely on for setting up a group in Kent. I’ll be on the case in October and will get in touch directly if that’s ok.

All the best

Sam

Too many Rainhams in the world. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Im in Kent now, if this is still a thing :stuck_out_tongue:

Did anything come of this in the end?

Im in kent…you up for learning welsh scarlett?

1 Like