C1:G2 Did I miss something? (fe/e)

Was just revising the pdf guide to course 1 and noticed it mentioned that in the “Gwers 2, vocabulary introduced” list I should be familiar with “fe/e”. Everything else in that list I recall totally, but since I know this course is very much structured as “sometimes we’ll teach it to you naturally and not state it/it’s function outright just yet” did I cover “fe/e” and just not know it?

Thanks in advance for your replies to my silly question :blush:

You may have done, but for the record, “fe” and “e” correspond to English “he” - easy to overlook :smiley:

Edit: I just listened to that lesson, and I did not hear “fe/e” used…

1 Like

“Dwi’n i wneud e” (or “Dwi’n gallu i wneud e.” in that matter) is the sentence (or similar to that) I believe covered in Gwers 2 and as much as I recall there’s no explanation particularly for this thingy YET.

1 Like

I noticed the same thing…it’s covered in the next lesson (Gwers3).

1 Like

So, what is the difference between ei…e and i…e? is the first “it” and the second “he”?

It’s ei … e and ei … fe. Use fe when the verb ends in a vowel.

2 Likes

Wrenmoyer, I don’t know if this is relevant for you at all, but craigf gave me a helpful answer when I posted a question about the “it” business not too long ago…look for the thread called “Question about Course 1 Lesson 4 (South) - yn dda, barod, hapus”. I’m sorry, I don’t know how to link to the thread!

1 Like

Question about Course 1 Lesson 4

Here’s the link. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@craigf @tatjana

You both are wonderful, thank you :smile:

@louis thank you so much for listening to the episode to confirm. I really appreciate it :smile:

1 Like

“he” or “it” it is …

Oh, and @wrenmoyer, thank you. My pleasure to help. :slight_smile: :sun_with_face:

strictly speaking, there is no equivalent to “it” in Welsh, as it has no neutral gender, so both “fe/e” or “hi” can map to English “it”

1 Like

Diolch. Wnes i ddim yn gwybod neu wnes i ddim cofio. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for posting that link, Tatjana. I’m feeling quite pleased because I completely understood the sentence you wrote here! (I’ve learned “cofio” from listening to music :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Da iawn ti! Dwi’n hapus i glywed (darllen) i fe.

1 Like

Oh fantastic! That’s really great to know :smiley: