Bŵtcamp Sept 2022 - 19th to 26th - Lampeter

What an absolutely brilliant week! I think Camilla’s description was spot on in terms of expectations and reality - for me at least. I can hardly begin to describe the huge range of experiences our tutors had worked tirelessly to give us. It was challenging in so many ways but this was what was required to bring out the Welsh in us! What a great group of people to share the experience with - I have not laughed so much in years! I would definitely recommend Bwtcamp and hope to go again next year.

Thank you Nia and Deborah

5 Likes

I think Camilla has said it all. It was an extremely interesting week not only with regard to the use of Welsh but also the history and the culture. The activities were very varied and all were enjoyable although I got a little lost in the theatre while “acting”. I particularly enjoyed the cultural events - the walk around Llandysul, the visit to the national library, the visit to the “Shed” in Derwin Gan and even the chapel. I will admit that the visit to the “Shed” left me a little reflective that having been born and brought up in an English speaking part of Wales I have missed out on so much in the life of Welsh speaking Wales. Let us hope that this will not be the case for future generations. Thanks again to all for a most enjoyable time. Sorry that I cannot make radio on Monday but the committee meeting (of Cymdeithas Gymraeg Rhystrad ar Afon a’r Cylch - Welsh Society of Stratfford upon Avon) which I must attend has already been cancelled once and we have a number of things to discuss (I am the Treasuer!).

4 Likes

You might want to listen to Radio Cymru at around 3pm tomorrow! It sounds like the interviews you recorded during the conversation group in Aberaeron will be airing at that time! Da iawn bawb!

It’s been a month since Bwtcamp ended and I feel energized by the experience to continue learning Welsh. Nia and Deborah went above and beyond to find places and people for us to practice our Welsh in the ‘wild.’ It was a challenging week in many ways, and I’m very glad I took part. Thanks to all the other bwtcampers who made it a fun and friendly place to be. Thank you again to Deborah and Nia for your time and energy in planning the week. I really appreciated the warm welcomes we recieved from the Welsh-speaking community wherever we went. Diolch yn fawr iawn

4 Likes

It was lovely to meet you and have your company for the week, Sade. I’m really glad that you enjoyed it and it was a pleasure to see you using your Welsh with various people in the different activities. We hope to see you back in the future!

1 Like