Brooklyn gatherings?

Update - I will be there solo on Sat.

If you both are comfortable,I am not going to bring my wife. She was only going to be there to keep lisa’s husband company while we gabbled yn y Gymraeg!

I don’t know if anyone else plans on attending… Hope so!

Wi’n disgwyl ymlaen at y digwyddiad!
S

That’s fine with me.

Right, looking forward to tonight! I don’t know if the Longbow is a please wait to be seated place, but I’d say get a table for four, and if possible tell the host or hostess that you’re meeting up with a couple of Welsh-speaking strangers. We should find each other! I’m tall and look like my profile pic, and I will carry a small red Welsh dictionary. :slight_smile:

Hi folks. I think I’ll be coming tonight w/ my husband. Longbow is not a please wait to be seated place unless it’s full - it’s not so big either, so should be easy to find people. There are booths at that seat 4, and there are also small square tables that technically seat 4 but you can squeeze extra chairs into. You can also move those tables together if needed.

Wela i chi toc!

So that’s five of us at least! :slight_smile:

Oh, dear. Am I the only one in tonight’s group learning the Northern course?

Don’t worry about it - you’ll get used to the differences; it’s mostly a matter of pronunciation, and the few things that are different are easy enough to understand in context.

Thanks, Chris!

I can speak quite a bit of the tafodiaeth gogleddol (northern dialect) so don’t worry. I will brush up on my best Pwllheli accent before I get there too! :slight_smile:
There will be something for us all to learn I am sure!

Wel, am noson wych! What a fun evening! Thank you all for the warm welcome and for trekking to darkest Brooklyn at great inconvenience (especially to Simon and Lisa). There was a lot of Welsh and laughter and debate over the future of the language and food and drink. And you know what I didn’t hear from anybody? Much um or fumbling or giving up. Iestyn and Cat and Aran and Catrin should be proud. I mean that sincerely.

Though sorry, Catrin, I may have dissed your occasional churchy GWEE-bods from early in original Course 1. :slight_smile:

I truly had a wonderful time last night. Diolch yn fawr for your patience, assistance with my questions, and most of all, the belly laughs! My cheeks were literally hurting from laughing so hard, especially from Simon’s story. I sincerely hope we can meet up again, even if not at The Longbow. I clicked to join the fb ssiw group, and my status is pending. Once approved, I will post the group photo from last night. Joanie, I could not remember your husband’s name (sorry!), so he is labeled as “gwr” in the photo.

This the link to the fb page where the photo will be posted:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/74367868372/

The photo is up!

It was lovely meeting all of you yesterday. Glad we were able to hook up. Thanks for posting the photo, Lisa.