Birmingham Welsh Meet Up

Birmingham Welsh Meet Up
Absolutely all abilities welcome

First Monday of the month
Third Tuesday of the month
6:30pm onwards
Cherry Reds Cafe Bar, John Bright Street, B1 1BN (next to New Street Station) (Map Room first floor, unfortunately no lift access)

Last Saturday of the month
10am onwards
Loco Lounge, Kings Heath, B14 7JT

@Deborah-SSi

5 Likes

Diolch @janine-lowe ! I’ve added Birmingham to the list in Post-pandemic Meetups and I’ll mention it in next week’s newsletter. I’m sure there must be loads of people who can speak or are learning Welsh in Birmingham!

2 Likes

Thank you @janine-lowe and @Deborah-SSi for all the encouragement you have given me directly and also helped me find in the last year, and so much closer to where I live, than had been the case. So much energy and effort you put in - it is inspiring to me, and it helps me focus!

I do find every meeting with the folks who speak Welsh in Birmingham and the Black Country, (whether beginner learners, returners or mam-iaith-blessed supporters at meets listed here above, and further spin-offs arising, or people I encounter at bus stops or in any other local groups who turn out to have some Welsh connection) to be a real joy and pleasure!

I am “quite a slow coach” but not giving up… Feeling very grateful.

2 Likes

It’s inspiring the dedication you have to learning and using your Welsh @lornarhodes ! Dal ati! Ti’n gwneud yn wych! You’re doing great!

1 Like

Diolch i ti, o galon! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Bydda i’n dod Dydd Sadwrn… :v:

2 Likes