Big news - exciting times - finally, finally we're moving on other languages

Speaking of French…

I had just opened it and heard the intro and a couple of sentences when I downloaded the app a couple of weeks ago.
I tried it today and it started back from the intro…allez allez! :sweat_smile:

Then I clicked on skip a few times.

From time to time I checked which words and sentences were being presented.

Some combinations of words and translations are a bit odd (I know it’s because they’ve been extracted from a sentence in which they worked this way, and I spotted a few little mistakes (like “no, I” being pronounced “noee!”) . and you might all be checking these aspects of the course so I’m not going to focus on the content at all, just on the practical side of the app as an user.

If I carry on, at normal speed or skipping, it presents many new words and expressions.
But longer sentences seem all about being ok and speaking French. :thinking:
Not sure if this is the same as @brigitte was saying?

I currently have the one year subscription that was offered if you registered to any Dysgu Cymraeg course. But my account is still the one from summer 2018, and it needed some tweak to start the new subscription and get the Automagic working.

p.s. Not an app-related issue but every time I hear Aran’s voice my brain goes on automatic translating to Welsh even though I learnt French in school and spoken it way more than Cymraeg) :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve been using the app and have quit a lot of trouble with the app “freezing” between sections. I’ll get it to work and then after a block section of introducing a new pattern and repeating some of the previous patterns, it’ll then freeze and not move onto the next “block”. It’s not a connection issue so not quite sure what’s happening. The only way I can usually get it back working again (although it doesn’t always work) is to try and close the app and re-open or log out and log back in or sometimes just close it down and leave it for a while and try again later. This has only really been happening for the last few days. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but that doesn;t seem to have done much.

2 Likes

Interesting, we haven’t seen that one @daiwilliams.

We’ll have a look at the logs in the morning to see if we can see a performance issue on your account - thanks for letting us know.

Can I check whether you have the latest release from the relevant App Store, as we are correcting loys of little things as we go.

(It is just useful to know if this is something to do with the latest version.)

Thanks

Rich :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @gisella-albertini

Essentially we are waiting for a new French course which is on its way but something else has taken priority.

From the App point of view we have encouragements which have been repeating - we’ve corrected that but it has not been released yet - should be this week….and a spaced repetition that gets stuck on some items which we have also fixed and we are starting to test.

A very few people - Brigitte and one other - seem to have had a problem connected to the previous upgrade of French. If you are still hearing Allez Allez you may have this issue.

Let me know - we can reset your progress.

What do you mean about the subscription - different versions and the tweak?

Thanks

Rich :slightly_smiling_face:

I think I have the latest version. I deleted and reinstalled the app a couple of days ago and noticed in the app store that it said that the app had been recently updated.

2 Likes

Hi @rich

Subscription:
after registering to a Dysgu Cymraeg course I received a coupon for one year of free subscription to SSiW. I just remember that Ivan had to fix something for me to be able to activate it and linking it to my account (that I had since I started SSiW in summer 2018).
Just saying it in case there’s a difference between older vs newer accounts and/or “standard” subscription vs Dysgu Cymraeg “complimentary” subscription.

Oh I have the French course running in the background now and just heard it introduce “dire” pronounced like Italian! :smiley:

I guess that might be part of next batch of corrections. As for resetting progress, if you say you expect to release a new version, no need to reset it now I can just wait and see what happens with next update.

For now I can go back and see how I do with good ol’ Welsh in the Automagic version that’s new to me!

3 Likes