Becky's Online Boot Camp

Well, this is the end of my second week in the 5 week online boot camp and I don’t feel very confident. The first week’s challenge to say simple greetings of hello and goodbye etc was harder than anticipated. I also spend most of my days working with 3 year old children so the opportunity for language growth is limited. However, to be honest I was too self conscience to say anything in Welsh to strangers at the store or post office etc so I guess the challenge of week number 1 will be ongoing. Living in a rural town in the mid-western region of the US also lessens the odds of anyone knowing what I would be going about as well :). I will preserver though.

Definitely persevere Becky! It matters not a jot that people don’t understand you, but it could provide a great opportunity to educate others in the existence of Welsh as a living language. Also, experience shows that you never know when you will stumble over a Welsh speaker…

Best of luck with the “bobsleigh run”, keep us posted with your experiences.

Hwyl,

Stu

Actually, 3 year old children are a FANTASTIC resource for anyone learning a language - if you start saying ‘Bore da’ to them, they will very quickly and very cheerfully start saying ‘Bore da’ back to you - in fact, they’ll be much more fun to play to-and-fro with than adults!

Feel free to change all the rest of the challenges to challenges to do with the kids… :sunny: