Awr Ymarfer - 2pm, Fri 25 Sept on Zoom

Hi everyone! I’m starting Awr Ymarfer, where we gather on Zoom at 2pm BST, have a brief chat about what we’re going to do, and then quietly practice our Welsh for the best part of an hour before a final check-in to talk about what we achieved.

It’s not a Sesiwn Sgwrs, so no need to worry about talking in Welsh if you don’t feel up to it. Instead, it’s a chance to give yourself an hour to focus on practicing Welsh however you want to. That might be doing SSiW, or an Ymestyn lesson, or watching S4C or writing in Welsh. It doesn’t matter - you do whatever is important to you.

It’s totally free, and it’s for learners and speakers at every level and of every dialect.

Sign up here: Meeting Registration - Zoom

If it goes well, I’ll make it a regular thing!

1 Like

Just to make it clear for people outside the UK - that is 14:00 BST, right?

1 Like

Yes! Good catch!

1 Like

This sounds like a useful way to motivate me to do some reading in Welsh. Unfortunately I can’t make next Friday, but if it’s going to be a regular thing I’m definitely interested.

Hopefully it will be a regular thing, yes! Will keep the group updated about that in due course.

I would certainly be interested as well.

1 Like

Did the Awr Ymarfer happen today? I did register, though as I said previously, I couldn’t make today because I was travelling home after a few days away. Will there be one next Friday?

Yes, it did happen, and it went well! I’ll be sending round an email as we are going to do one at the same time next Friday. I’ll share details here too.

That’s excellent news. I will be able to join next week. I think the Zoom session will be useful and make me actually do some focused study, such as actually reading the Welsh novels that are sitting by my desk.

2 Likes

That is exactly the plan!!

Shwmae

Roedd hi’n y dydd gwener yn unig? Neu mae hi’n bob dydd Gwener?

Dw i’n trefnu rhywbeth bron bob dydd Gwener dros mis Hydref a mis Tachwedd, ac wedyn gawn ni weld.

Dw i wedi creu dygwyddiad ar Eventbrite rŵan, felly mae pawb yn gallu cofrestru:

I’m organising something almost every Friday through October and November, and then we’ll see.

I’ve created an even on Eventbrite now, so everyone can register:

1 Like

I’ve registered for the next session on Eventbrite. Will we get the Zoom link via email automatically?

Yes, I’ll get the zoom link set up tomorrow!

Hello - I don’t seem to have received the Zoom link for the session today 02/10/26 - please can you help. Diolch

Sorry, Steph, I’ve DM’d you the link. You should have had it via email from Eventbrite when you signed up.

I don’t monitor this forum so didn’t see your message until just now.

Thanks Sue, I think I missed the Multiple events availability. I can’t attend next week but look forward to seeing you all the following week.

1 Like

Great stuff! I’ve got a few additional dates in, and will add more as my calendar towards Christmas become clearer.

2 Likes