AutoMagic launches next month - taster screenshot

Diolch

Thanks will see what Aran says then email the tutor

I’ve just remembered that @novem is on leave for a few days, but I’ll ask someone else for you.

Diolch

@SueH @siaronjames I’ve had confirmation from Aran that the AutoMagic offer through DysguCymraeg is only open to Mynediad learners at present. To use our other more advanced material, you would need a monthly subscription, @SueH

1 Like

Thank you. Will it be rolled out to more advanced learners in the future ?

Hi Sue - it’s hard for us to be sure about that at the moment - we’d certainly like that to be the case, but a lot will depend on how the usage patterns and responses go for this year with Mynediad :slight_smile:

Diolch

I still remember having my phone plugged into my hire car playing back the old ‘Vocabulary Units’ on my way to bwtcamp when I lived in Kent! I also found the current app also played lessons through ‘CarPlay’ later on. It was a great way to pass time on a 4-5 hour journey. I’m sure any new version will still enable this, or at least there will still be some way to connect the audio to your car.

Hi @Deborah-SSi I’m learning Welsh with Dysgu Cymraeg North East and no one has heard of Auto Magic. Is there a particular contact at Dysgu Cymraeg who I could contact so that I can get access to AutoM?

@Novem do you know the answer to Sara’s question?

Haia @sara-28 ! Emails have been sent to all Mynediad learners as far as I understand, so if you’re a mynediad learner and you haven’t heard of it, that’s bad… Could you have a look in your spam and let me know if it’s in there? I’m happy to look into it

If you’re not a mynediad learner, then that might be why you haven’t heard of it - it’s not currently available to other levels!

Hi @Novem, thanks for your reply. I haven’t had an email as far as I know. About the email, would that have come from SSIW or DysguCymraeg Central office or the local provider or the tutor? I’m a current Mynediad learner so based on what you said I should be eligible! Not sure what’s happening but my provider (North East) hadn’t even heard of AutoMagic.

Should be the DysguCymraeg central office, I’ll get in touch with them!

1 Like

For anyone reading this at a later date and wondering what the resolution was - my tutor did some investigating and was told students should email the DC central office to get the link. I did and was sent it, so all sorted. Email seems to be the only way to get hold of anyone at the DC office at the moment - phone messages go unanswered.

1 Like

Newyddion wych Aran!

1 Like

Hello!
Automagic is my only experience of SSIW, other than trying a free taster course a couple of years back.
Only a few hours in, but enjoying it immensely.
Im confused by posts in Forum about levels, lessons etc.
Am i missing something or are these no longer relevant?
Im learning via Dysgu cymraeg and i was wondering if my access to SSIW is restricted due to this??

1 Like

@tina-15 Up until now, the Welsh learning material has been presented in a traditional way with different Levels and ‘Challenges’ (lessons) etc. so much of the discussion in the forum will be related to those.

What you’re getting in the AutoMagic app is essentially the same material but presented in a very different way. If you have questions about particular words, phrases or grammatical points, then they will still be totally relevant here.

Good to hear that you’re enjoying it so much!

3 Likes

Ah!!! Diolch yn fawr!!! I thought i was missing something.

1 Like

All subscribers can now access AutoMagic (Beta!!). :partying_face:

8 Likes