Are you sitting comfortably?

Ah yes, when we came to the Swansea area, we drove around as the initial action of looking for a house to buy. On one of the days we toured Gower villages. We didn’t take any food and didn’t really know the area. Anyway after several hours we were getting a bit peckish. Nothing seemed to be open. We finally found a post office with a mars bar locked away inside a glass cabinet :smiley:

OK, it was a few years ago.

1 Like

Possibly main supply junction box. That happened in our street once. They go off with a decent bang.

1 Like

What time of year? Were you in pretty coastal spots? Gower folk usually knew the value of money from tourists, so someone would have take away, cafe or whatever, but out of season tney tended to shut as customers were so rare!

1 Like

Out of season I think. Pretty quiet.

Do we see with our eyes or our brains?
During our power cut, Janet was out with dogs and heard from neighbours about the big bang. She saw the van that had brought the repair team and was able to tell me 4.00 pm as switch-on time, which turned out to be very accurate. But, she said, “I saw the Scottish Hydro van, so I knew it was a problem with everyone’s electricity” Only ages later did it occur to me that Scottish Hydro Electric no longer exists.It is all SSE now! I queried Janet, “Oh yes, but I recognise the vans” she said. The vans now have SSE on the side in big letters, but her mind ‘sees’ the old Hydro logo! We are a peculiar species!

1 Like