Are you a Welsh speaker that fancies practicing a wee bit of Spanish?

S’mae pawb/Hola a todos/Hello folks

I was wondering if any Welsh speakers learning Spanish would be interested in a Skype language exchange?

I’m learning Welsh and am craving opportunities to speak more! I’ve almost finished the new Level 1 Welsh course, finished old level 1, completed a distance foundation course with Lampeter last year and got to half way through the intermediate before stopping as I was learning too much academic written Welsh without having a good grasp of how to communicate and actually speak in Welsh! So here I am!

I’m learning North Walian Welsh but am not too bothered by the north and south thing as I just need to practice speaking more! I live in Georgia (the country) so Skype language exchanges are the way forward for me.

As for Spanish I bit the bullet and moved to Andalucía in 2008 to finally learn Spanish and was based in Sevilla for 1.5 years, while also having worked, volunteered and traveled in South and Central America since then speaking in Spanish the whole time. I also visited the Welsh communities in Patagonia in January this year too! So, my conversational Spanish level is still pretty good and I’m happy to make a fool of myself stringing together some Welsh too, which came in handy!

So, I’m very keen to practice speaking Welsh and would be very happy to make an ‘intercambio’ (language exchange) with Spanish. Or if you just fancy chatting in Welsh and working through some Welsh learning materials together I’m keen to chat with other Welsh learners too.

Please drop me a line if interested.

Cofion, Saludos, Cheers, Chris

1 Like