App inconsistent

I have the app on iPhone. It just doesn’t work 50% of the time. I could have completely the 3 levels ages ago!

How do I download the challenges/sessions?

I could download on Android!

Frustrated

Plus…any groups in the Wrexham or Porthmadog area that meet to ymarfer siarad?

1 Like

Hi @wayne-jones

Go to the lessons screen and press the lesson you want and hold your finger there - a pop up with download on it will appear - press this (see screenshot below) - it will do an egg timer filling-type of thing whilst the file downloads.

Rich :slight_smile:

3ydd Sadwrn y mis
Yr Heliwr (Sportsman)
Porthmadog LL49 9HB

Found on https://dysgucymraeg.cymru/amdanom-ni/darparwyr-cyrsiau/prifysgol-bangorgrwp-llandrillo-menai/

So that would be the 16th of November (3rd Saturday of the Month) at Yr Heliwr in Porthmadog at 11am.
Also, each Monday from 7:15 pm there is a chat session in the Saith Seren on Chester Street in Wrecsam.

1 Like

My broadband is lousy at the moment and/ or my storage is a bit overloaded on my iPad… I have to trick the app into recognising me/my account/my iPad when there is evidence of slow data speeds - that spinning wheel, buffering. Coming to the forum seems to give my iPad time to recognise that I’m already fully subscribed…

I am quite unsure what or which challenges & practices to download properly and so keep handy for offline moments. I use Welsh Old Course & Levels 1, 2 & 3, somewhat interchangeably - varying the speeds a lot…

a) for my own use
b) for introducing people totally (many unknown to me), to the concepts of Duolingo & SSiW respectively. I like having some downloaded challenges as demos.

[ie SSi Spanish is an aspiration on the backburner for me, but a very handy app to have handy to demonstrate SSi method via Spanish when I get chatting in a cafe/shop - most people round here seem to want to holiday there. (We then progress to the benefits of Welsh!)]

Anyway, beth bynnag, I hope to progress to more rational use of my phone & tablet while they still work… which may not be forever…

@wayne-jones there is much to keep refining in using tech & connection modes, and so many groups to join and ways to connect. I can recommend Saith Seren, @gruntius, and all his works (I guess/think) and also I am grateful to receive the SSiW email newsletter which lists the current state of affairs with groups, media sensations & local initiative launches, extra events, etc. Pob lwc i ti!

@lewie has recently made a beta version of the iOS available with fixes to some of the recently reported issues.

1 Like