Any SSIW meetup at the National Eisteddfod 2016?

Yes, very brave, and playing the viola too! He said he wanted a challenge! :slight_smile:
I hope you make it!

1 Like

Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s advice regarding somewhere to stay? Iā€™m a bit late organising all this arenā€™t Iā€¦

1 Like

People tended to come and go from Maes D last year - a lot of times around 3ish there were SSIwers loitering by sofas even without a SSIW specific stand.

Maybe designate 3 oā€™clock SSIW Hour under the clocktower (erm, clearly thereā€™s not a clocktower but yā€™know - some landmark) in Maes D or something similar so people who might be there on different dats stand a chance of catching those who are there on the same day?

Or I we could set up a Doodle and see which day looks most popular for maybe staying on the Maes and catching a mesl together at Pl@tiad or a picnic table at the food corner or something?

2 Likes

Right - tickets bought. Iā€™ll be there on Wednesday and Friday (and possibly with Angharad some time on the first weekend, but we havenā€™t booked that yet), so Iā€™ll see you at Keithā€™s talk :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gret, gweld ti yna! :slight_smile:

The best time to book a place to stay is, er, just after the previous Eisteddfod. Or, in fact, just before the previous Eisteddfod. Youā€™re likely to struggle now - youā€™ll probably need to look a little further afield, down towards the M4, Iā€™d imagine. @robbruce may have some more useful/more local infoā€¦

1 Like

Thereā€™s lots of accommodation in Cardiff, and thereā€™s either a train to Abergavenny or transport on the bus put on by Menter Caerdydd:
http://www.mentercaerdydd.org/cy/page/teithiau-bws

I think weā€™re about an hour away.

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr. Well Iā€™ll have a think about the weather and see if itā€™s Mae kerstin yn campio or something else.

2 Likes

Pob lwc!

Unfortunately youā€™re all too late for me to meet ā€¦ (at least the looks of things are as so now). :disappointed: Um, well, but at the moment Iā€™m very confused person so I have to get around this first. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve just booked onto the Cymdeithas campsite for the whole week. Bargain! Ā£50 and was whn I booked still at he earlybird Ā£25 rate! Presumably less well equipped than the main camping site but walking distance from the Maes and handy for gigs!

http://cymdeithas.cymru/gwersylla

Still camping left on all three sites (Main site, Maes B and Cymdeithas I think) Plus the 'glamping if you want to spend megabucks!

2 Likes

I believe Iā€™ll go for @sarapeacockā€™s suggestion. :slight_smile: despite this looks nice and suitable too.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking of coming down for the day (just 2+ hours each way from Ystrad Meurig). Depending on traffic, I should be on the Maes from 11-ish to close of play. Iā€™ve trawled through this thread to see the best day to meet my old and new SSiW chums but itā€™s not clear to me. So, if i came down on [edited to change date]Wednesday 3rd August, Iā€™d appreciate an indication of who I might be able to meet.

The easiest and quickest way of doing this would be to click the heart-shaped ā€œlikeā€ thingy under this post if youā€™ll be there on Wednesday and up for a chat.

7 Likes

Oh, Iā€™ll nearly miss you. @hewrop :slight_smile:

On 4th Iā€™ll be perfectly sitting on the plain from London to Ljubljana on my return home but I somehow plan to visit Eisteddfod from 31st July to 3th August(ish) if my wallet wonā€™t expire first of course.

Confused again because I have not even a bit imagination in how it all looks like so many challenges lay ahead of me from speaking in the wild all the way to Eisteddfod thingys but the biggest challenge would be not to get lost in big cities as Iā€™m total ā€œtravelling noobā€. :slight_smile:

However, Iā€™ll try to preserve my SSiW shirt for Eisteddfod so Iā€™d be more noticable and if you see a greyhaired woman in that shirt and red rucksack with Welsh dragon ā€¦ (hoping it is what I take with though) yah, thsi could be me ā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be a pity to miss you, Tatiana, especially since you will have come (future perfect tense :wink:) such a long way, so Iā€™ve edited my post above to suggest Wednesday, 3rd August for my visit to maximise the chance of meeting up with you (and others). I wonā€™t buy my Maes
ticket until early next week,

A more recent photo for identifcation purposes

Dwiā€™n gobeithio dy gwrdd a ti a ffrindiau eraill wyneb i wyneb cyn bo hir.

2 Likes

Sā€™mae Huw,
I just clicked the ā€œlikeā€ in your post above, because Iā€™ll be on the Maes on Wednesday.
Iā€™ll be volunteering on Maes D on Monday afternoon. Hope to see you (and others) there.

2 Likes

Gwych / Ausgezeichnet! Itā€™ll be good to see you again. :slight_smile:
Bis Bald. Huw

1 Like

This looks exciting now! Iā€™m glad youā€™ve altered your time to adapt mine @hewrop and Iā€™m glad @brigitte will be there that day aswell.

Gee ā€¦ more (pleasant) confusion, more challenge, more excitement in my head now!

Iā€™ll be happy to meet SSiWers oh, and if you see me elswhere pull my slave as my face recognition isnā€™t too good and I might very well just pass by you not even knowing that (unless youā€™d like to avoid me. - hehe :slight_smile: )

@tatjana, if you post a picture of you with the hat, and wear the hat, everyone will recognise you!

Haha! Wouldnā€™t it be a but too hot with the hat? :slight_smile:

Yes I believe if Iā€™d wear that hat no one would nave excuse to miss/pass by me. :slight_smile: