Any interest in starting a chat session in the South Staffordshire area

Is midday ( 8th November) okay for both of you?

Yeah it was a good session and so supportive. Great to see you both too.

Lovely to see you too. Midday on 8th November. Is that okay with you?

Bore da Anne,
Yes, high noon (hanner dydd) at The Hub will be fine for me too. Weā€™ll be able to get coffee/tea upstairs. In fact, I suggest that whoever gets there first goes straight up to ā€˜bagsā€™ a table (a more comfortable place to wait). Iā€™m not sure how private messaging works on this SSi system, but Iā€™m happy to share my mobile number with you and Susanna to aid communication on the day.
Cofion
Jason

Hi Rob and Susanna,

I love a plan !! If you go on the Slack App we sn direct message each other with out phone numbers. Best not to share them on here.

Sorry not to respond earlier - yes midday is fine fine for me Anne. Hopefully for Jason too.

Just seen your message above Jason! So looks like a plan now. I donā€™t know how the slack app works.

Hi Susanna,
Yes, looking forward to meeting up with you and Anne next Tuesday. I havenā€™t yet figured out either how exactly the Slack app works, or how to send private messages that are no business of, and of no interest to, the rest of the world. Im sure weā€™ll get there eventually.
Regards
Jason

As Anne and I are on WhatsApp we can liaise if there are any problems on the day. Look forward to meeting up!

Shmae Susanna,
Just wanted to say that Iā€™ve just downloaded WhatsApp onto my iPhone. No idea how it works yet, or how to find you on there. I intend to join Bill / Allan and the rest of you at tomorrow morningā€™s speaking session. Perhaps see you there too? If not, see you at The Hub, Tuesday midday.
Cofion
Jason

Thatā€™s great - yes I hope to be there tomorrow too.

Hello Catrin, I recently started doing the Level 2 challenges and am enjoying the SSiW course very much indeed. Iā€™ve recently discovered that my local Lichfield u3a organisation has a brilliant Grwp Cymraeg that meets twice a month in a welcoming city pub. Itā€™s a friendly group of first language speakers and learners. Plenty of opportunities to practise speaking and address grammatical aspects at the same time. Anyone who is interested should go onto the Lichfield u3a website and submit an email inquiry. I found they responded very quickly. Hope this may be of help to anyone else in the South Staffordshire area who is feeling linguistically isolated!

This is probably a long shot, but is there anyone in the Stone area of Stafford who might like to go for a sgwrs in the Three Crowns in the next couple of days? I have just come back from a great weekend of welsh speaking in Garth Newydd in Llambed and am feeling sad to have to speak english again! I am staying with my folks for a few days before making my way home to canada so hoping to squeeze in a bit more cymraeg before I leave.

Hi Anne,
Did you ever start up a Welsh chat group? I was learning Welsh in Belper, Derbyshire for 5 years before moving back to the Bridgnorth area at the end of 2020. My zoom classes are still carrying on once a fortnight but itā€™s so much nicer to meet people in person.

Iā€™m not actually learning with SSIW at the moment as my zoom classes are still carrying on. My brother who lives in London has been and he suggested I post on here looking for others who are learning. Came to have a look and saw your post!

Chat is what i need as although i have a decent knowledge of welsh I lack confidence in speaking it.

I hope there are a group of you willing to let me join you.

Hwyl, Gillian

Hi Gillian, I live at Morville, near Bridgnorth. Iā€™ve been learning with SSiW for a couple of years, and Iā€™m now doing an online Sylfaen course with Coleg Cambria, Wrecsam. Iā€™m always happy to have a panad a sgwrs! Cofion, Lesley