An Historic Date

Phew - I was worried that you don’t like raw herrings. You do like them, don’t you, Caroline?

2 Likes

OOOoooo no, sorry @louis, not a huge fan of raw fish full stop. Bit too pongy for me.

2 Likes

I suspect Louis is teasing you here. I suspect he knows full well that only the criminally insane like raw herrings…:wink:

3 Likes

And he’s picked the right “victim”, LOL. I am SO literal, black and white, and easy to tease/make rise to the bait. Otherwise known as gullible, I reckon. Which is strange for someone who’s been around, done a few things and isn’t that dwp! Oh well, takes all sorts to make a world eh. Arrgghhh, raw herrings. Reeling at the thought. Yesterday the boss brought some custard and custard and chocolate doughnuts into the office for 'Dydd Gwener cacen" - not sure about those either. Reckon straight jam’s best.

2 Likes

only the criminally insane like raw herrings

That’s true - I love them. :laughing:
What’s the matjes with you? (see what I did there :wink:)

2 Likes

Not sure if you intended this but it was very _pun_ny…I’ll get my coat

4 Likes

I believe you both just lost any chance of an invite to the Koningsdag celebrations. Huw on the other hand…

3 Likes

And gannets (i guess there are not points for pointing out the obvious), long time since I’ve watched a gannet diving for fish of the welsh coast (happy daze).

Cheers J.P.

3 Likes

No, you’re dead right @AnthonyCusack, an unintended consequence of linguistic delight

2 Likes

no, not punny, pongy, LOL. Now if I said, “that’ll get your goat” that would be punny and yes, that is a creature gyda pedwar legs and a barf, not a misspelt coat. Now I might be being a bit too ‘alternative’ mit de lingo now or avec la langue. Oh dear, half a glass of home made elderflower wine and I’m away…

2 Likes

half a glass of home made elderflower wine

Please can I have your recipe? :laughing:

2 oz dried elderflowers, 4 Kg sugar, 1 Kg raisins, bit of lemon juice, sachet of yeast, 5 tsps. yeast nutrient (Tronozymol), 4 gallons water.

Elderflowers in bucket, pour 1 gall boiling water over, let steep for 15 mins. Add 1 more gall boiling water plus the sugar. Stir. Add 1 gall cold water. Add raisins and lemon juice. Add final gall cold water. Add yeast and nutrient and stir well. Leave in warm place for six weeks. Decant into demi-johns. It never reaches the bottle in our house!

1 Like

Diolch o “gallon”, Caroline. Do I get extra points for a trans-lingual pun? :laughing:

4 Likes

byddwn well gyda fi gofyn the points awarders… :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, you get 8 p(o)ints.

2 Likes

Bwm! Bwm! LOL :laughing:

You forgot the final step: then reach into fridge for a cold beer :wink:

2 Likes

This reminds me a lot of the Christmas Vodka Cake recipe, I’ll let you google the results .

2 Likes

Dw i ddim yn hoffi cwrw except pryd mae’r cwrw oer iawn ac mae hi’n tywydd poeth iawn

1 Like

:open_mouth: