American learners - and everyone else - you've got to see this!

What a fabulous video - from someone who’d like to find other Welsh speakers to speak Welsh with - via Skype, or face-to-face if we can find someone close enough to her in America… :sunny: :star2:

20 Likes

@Deborah-SSi - definitely one for the next email! :sunny:

1 Like

Fabulous - I feel a bit shamed now into trying a bit harder on my Welsh skills

2 Likes

Don’t feel shame - shame doesn’t help learning! You’re learning, and that’s perfect - so just keep going… :sunny:

2 Likes

Shamed in a nice way - spurred on to do more

1 Like

Very encouraging! If I could speak like her one day, I’d die a happy man. :smile:

She put up an English translation on her channel for us baby Welsh speakers (I’m on lesson 12, long way to go).

1 Like

This isn’t the young lady who was interviewed at one of Gruff Rhys’s gigs in the American Interior film, is it?

What a fantastic girl, definitely a motivation for us “lonely Welsh learners”.
I think she deserves to have some native friends - she sounds very fluent. Is the FfrindIaith project still working?

1 Like

Erm, dunno, haven’t seen it yet…

1 Like

Tsk, tsk! If it is her, she bigs up SSiW in the process :slight_smile: She could already be here!

1 Like

If she is, this aged crone wishs her to know that she admires her enormously and has had a big kick up the behind to improve my Cymraeg so I can understand her properly despite her faint voice and my poor hearing!!

3 Likes

Why don’t ask her via YouTube or invite her here? Should I do that?

EDIT
Ah, I saw you somehow already did that … forget my message here.

And yes! Da iawn i hi!

1 Like

Hey everyone! Aran brought my attention to this forum thread (via twitter). I had no idea my video had been posted on here and I definitely didn’t think that many people would pay attention to it! Thanks for all of the kind comments! I started learning Welsh with SSIW so it’s nice to have finally joined this forum (don’t know why I didn’t do it before – or maybe I did, but I forgot my username? who knows).

Anyway, thanks for inviting me here! I’ll try to make sure to visit this site more often – it seems like a really cool place! Also, I’m sure you all speak Welsh just fine!! Just keep practicing :slight_smile: I’ve been learning off and on for 5 years now, which I can hardly believe.

-Geordan

17 Likes

It is me, haha!

3 Likes

Yay!!! We think you’re brilliant!

2 Likes

Awesome - lovely to see you on the forum, Geordan - now I suppose I’m going to have to watch American Interior, or Sara will give me a hard time…:wink:

Whereabouts are you in America? Have you checked out the map yet? :sunny:

2 Likes

That’s, er, SSiW learners in three parallel earths, of course… :scream:

3 Likes

Gee, @aran , I never looked on this this way …it is crowdy, which I love to the bits!

@grdnlyb croeso yma o fi hefyd. Ti’n siarad yn da iawn!

I’m glad you came. Seing your video (as you could see in previous post I’ve made) my first thought was “This woman should come on here!” and I’m glad you came (finally - hehe) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just watched your video - how wonderful and inspiring for us all. Tell us a little bit about why your are learning Welsh. Anything you tell us is bound to inspire us even more.

Longyfarchiadau,

Justin

2 Likes

May I point you to the thread Why are you learning Welsh? @grdnlyb

Maybe you find some inspiration there too and the others will gladly read your story! :slight_smile:

2 Likes