Action Songs

My friend and her young son inspired me to restart my welsh journey taught me an action song in English and welsh on my last visit. It’s now stuck in my head but I can’t remember the last line yn y Gymraeg. Can anyone help me out?

In English I think it goes:
Ready and…
Up and down and up and down
And backwards and forwards and backwards and forwards.
And side to side and side to side
And round and round and round and round
And here we go again.

The last line becomes and now it’s time to stop the last time.

Also I love that kind of bounce in your knee song as do some if my young friends, can anyone suggest any others we could sing yn y Gymraeg?

Thank you for your help.

I’m afraid I’m not familiar with that particular song (although @iestyn might, he’s better with this sort of stuff) - but if you just want a way to sing ‘and here we go again’ you could go for ‘a dyma ni’n cychwyn eto’ (here we start again)… :sunny:

Otherwise… pen, ysgwyddau, coesau, traed used to be a favourite in our house…

2 Likes

Hi - I don’t know that particular sone but as a childminder I have sung songs in Welsh to the smaller children - a main action one I do is clap clap un dau tri - with simple actions and lots of repitition - can be donw with little one on your lap or floor. I also like head shoulders knees and toes (legs and feet!) in Welsh. I have a few lists with Welsh childrens songs/rhymes here somewhere from a course I did - I will try and dig it out and see if I can scan it and post here (if thats ok with admin??)

Sandi

1 Like