A Quick Question

Don’t worry, it’s fine - the forum takes some getting used to in terms of navigation. But everyone’s really friendly here, so don’t worry if you’re still working out what you’re doing. People will understand. :smile:

2 Likes

Polly there is a bookshop in Ammanford that sells via Amazon but with which I have dealt direct in the past. I found them really helpful. Unfortunately I can’t remember contact details. I think it was Arcade Books??? I’ll see if I can find them.

This is a few years old, but hopefully still useful.

I see there is a College Street Bookshop in Ammanford. (May also be known as the Arcade Bookshop, according to some googling).

I’m pretty sure that is the one!! Dioch yn fawr!!
Also, I got books from the library years ago, like Y Mabinogian, Y Gododdin and Dafydd ap G, but I’m not sure if one still can!! This was in Yorkshire and Harrow, I think!!
p.s. Found this
Tim Savage collegestreetbooks@btconnect.com
hope it is helpful. It isn’t browsable, of course, but he may give help if you ask for types of book!!!

I’ve also had success with The Book Depository, which advertise free shipping to nearly everywhere in the world.

Presumably the shipping costs are “baked into” the prices but they still seem mostly affordable and for UK books to Germany the prices are often similar to what I find on Amazon Germany once I include shipping. I imagine their huge volume of sales will let them get better arrangement for international shipping costs.

They have at least some Welsh books as well, e.g. I ordered e-ffrindiau and Blodwen from them the other day.

So this may be something to look at for people who live abroad.

2 Likes